CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

(A/N: I do not own PJO, HOO,or the Avengers. All rights go to their owners, except for my characters, like Paxton)

NICO POV

She was nearly gone, I could feel her dying. Percy clutched her in his arms, crying. Hazel and I stared at each other, before rushing forward. We combined our powers, something I hadn't realized we were able to do. Jason was already gone, along with Frank. Now, we began muttering i Greek, Latin, and English, gripping each other with white knuckles.

But she faded, no matter what we did, it was too late. Piper was gone. We all turned towards Annabeth, who was standing to the side. A week before Piper and Annabeth had been linked by Hecate, a way to double Piper's charmspeak. But if one of them died, the other. . .

Percy jumped forward as her knees buckled. We tried to reverse the death bind, but it was too powerful. Annabeth died a few minutes later, Percy screaming. Hazel and I almost faded, both bleeding. We passed out, waking two weeks later in the infirmary to find that Percy had defeated Gaea in a fit of rage. She recovered quicker, not having been as close to death. I was stuck in the infirmary for almost a month. But, one good thing came out of all the masacre. Will. He managed to bring me back,from my depressing thoughts that it was my fault.

Both camps lost too much. We had the funerals at Camp Half Blood, mixing Roman and Greek traditions. For almost a month no new demigods showed up, the monsters all hiding or n tartarus. Then, Pax showed up.

She reeked of death, and seemed absolutely heartbroken. There had been three demigods with her. Two died on the way, killed by hellhounds. The last she half dragged to camp, despite her own injuries. The girl died a few days later. The other two bodies were recovered and brought back. The gods claimed there corpses, revealing two children of hermes, a girl and a boy, who she said were named Ames and Sarah. The last girl, the one that had made it to camp was named Lila, daughter of apollo. The girl who made it gave us a fake name, Pax. The night after her companions shroud's were burned, all of which she made, a god came down.

When Hades flashed in the campfire, I immediately bowed, along with Hazel, who was visiting. The others followed after recovering from their initial shock. He was in his Greek persona, but it flickered, as if undecided. "The girl, who calls herself Pax is my daughter. I claim her, Emily Paxton Burns." She seemed shocked and actually flinched as he said her full name.

He then disappeared, just as quickly as he had come. She just sat there, shocked, mouth agape. Hazel dragged me over and I was thinking 'why can't I get a brother every once in awhile?' We moved her into cabin 13, which, thank the gods, had been redecorated.

Now, it had grey walls, dark wood flooring, a set of black leather couches with grey pillows, a couple nightstands with tinted lamps on them. A window seat that Hazel loved, but I made her close at night (so I wouldn't be blasted in the morning with sun), a few drawings on the walls, a bathroom, spacious walk-in closet that was mostly bare, and two sets of bunk beds with dark grey beddings. We had burned the coffins, well, Leo burned them screaming "Dye Vampire Prisons!" which was actually pretty funny, though I didn't show it besides a small smirk.

When Paxton moved in she only had a duffle bag, mostly with camp clothes, and a sleeping bag she tossed under her bed, (though she made me check it for bugs every time before she touched it). I hadn't really paid attention to her at camp, though she gravitated towards fighting quite a lot, which Percy loved. She didn't speak much, which I enjoyed but she loved to sing and was quite good at it.

Unlike Hazel and I she had been raised in a secluded monastery her whole life, and I had my suspicion at first that she was beaten, due to the scars on her back and arms, that she claimed were from monsters. Her black hair was buzzed on the sides, revealing a tattoo I hadn't been able to read. On the top it was a flop of curls that couldn't be tamed.Her eyes weren't dark brown like mine, or golden like Hazel's. They were a swampy green, like brown and hazel mixed.

But she always seemed a bit. . . crazy. Not in a bad way, a bit like Leo. She would be shy when she first met someone if she didn't trust them or cared what they thought, but by the end of the day, if she liked someone she would act like she'd known them for years. And every once in awhile she'd have a 'bad day'. Hazel visited every once in awhile, but never saw Paxton like that.

It was like she'd broken, lost her mask. Instead of smiling through insults directed at her she would storm off to gods knows where, not seen until well after curfew. Those days she would practically cling to me, keeping her hood up and whispering in my ear instead of just asking someone if they wanted to go train with her. It was like she was suddenly eight, instead of fourteen.

I even asked Will about it. He just told me to give in and do whatever she needed. And the nightmares. . . they were gods awful.

(A/N: Her hair is like this, but shorter on the sides and black.)

)