CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

(A/N: I do not own PJO, HOO,or the Avengers. All rights go to their owners, except for my characters, like Paxton)

PERCY POV

Pax was even lighter than Nico was when her age. I mean, she even has the same bags and paleness Nico does now. Is that a side effect of being a child of hades? I mean, Hazel's fine, but. . . Nico is teaching Pax the underworld-y stuff now.

Nico was leaning against the wall, obviously tired also. Paxton was already asleep when the door dinged open. We all were tired, so we didn't even bother looking around or finding our rooms I just grabbed a pile of blankets and we all piled on the two couches, Pax and me on one, because Nico didn't want to deal with her kicking, which hurt like hades. Leo and Nico were on the other and we all crashed around midnight. I had tossed her jacket and boots away, along with her socks. The kid liked to act tough, but in reality she was just a kid who'd seen too much. Leo, Nico, and I were the ones who spent the majority of time with her. She was like a cool little sister, and even though i hadn't known her for even a year, she had that personality that made you feel like you knew everything about her, had known her forever.

It was around six was we were awoken. Paxton was at my side when we went to sleep, but now she was on the ground, flailing around and screaming, tears staining her face. The three of us knew what to do. The first month of the nightmares we had taken turns sleeping in the cabin with her, switching from cabin to cabin. The furniture was shoved aside and Nico put her head in his lap, while Leo ran to get some food from his belt. I summoned water and tried waking her. Usually it works, but now it didn't.

I mentally swore at myself. She hadn't been training like usual. Instead she had sat around, talking until she got bored enough to fall asleep. I was grabbing her arms and pinning them down. Suddenly the door burst open, showing half dressed spandex mortals. I remembered the Avengers.

"Styx! Get out! Now!" We started yelling over her blood curtailing screams.

They didn't, instead the doctor ran forward, followed by the guy who was supposed to be a genius. I let go of her arms and blocked them from her. "Leave! Leave or I swear to the river styx I will make you beg for zeus's bolt!"

I managed to get them out, locking the door behind them, before rushing back to her. Nico was swearing left and right and Leo was taking out the food of the gods, grabbing a handful of drachma's out. I made a rainbow for us both. Grabbing a drachma we called at the same time, using different words.

"Oh Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Will Solace, Camp Half blood or the Apollo cabin." He called

"Oh, Iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me hades, underworld or olympus." I called

Surprisingly it went through. Leo rambled to Will while I spoke to hades, who had persephone at his side, a scowl on his face."What Jackson!?"

"Paxton, she's having another nightmare and we can't bring her out of it! The Avengers are outside, trying to get in and I think they want to take her to a hospital. What should we do? She's your daughter!"

Hades ran his hand through the Mist, barely giving warning. "Close your eyes!" I shouted, all of whom obeyed.

When the burst of light faded I turned to see hades, wearing his typical robe of souls. He rushed to her and pushed Leo and I away. He touched her forehead and went into some sort of trance for a second.

PAX POV

I had never even been to tartarus. I was a unclaimed, someone unimportant. But still, unless I was completely exhausted I was attacked by what i hoped was the closest thing to hell I would ever see. I was whipped, burned, everything, again and again and again.

And then, after what seemed to be an eternity, none other than my father showed up. My abuse instantly vanished, only the cuts left. I was on my knees, panting and coughing. "You could not be awakened. Your cousin sent for me and the healers at your camp are worried. One of them is on his way now I believe, with permission from my brothers. Have your discovered your gift yet?"

"Gift? No. Only my curse."

"Think about what happens when your tortured in here."

"I get hurt outside."

"Exactly. Your soul itself has been captured by tartarus, at least part of it. But, you can still live outside without it. Think."

"I-I can survive without my soul?"

"You are powerful enough. You are part of the shadows. They power your missing pieces, give you energy. Instead of getting drained the more you use them, you can syphon there power, convert the shadows into pure energy."

Suddenly the pain was back. My father's form flickered to Roman for a second until he had disappeared. I was beaten more until it slowly started to fade. I could hear voices, Nico, Percy, Leo. . .

(A/N: SORRY if the chapters a bit shorter than the others.)