Chapter 1 - Part 1: "Hopeless Romantic"

Author's note: 

HELLO LOVELIES! We are back! We are sorry for the delay! Enjoy the chapter and and always, please comment and rate! xoxo - Becky

--

'Cause I'm a hopeless romantic

When I should run for my life

Honey, I don't understand it

'Cause it's magic, but it's tragic

I know you're gonna eat me alive

You're gonna eat me alive

     · "Hopeless Romantic", Michelle Branch

---

Nashville, TN

Saturday, May 20, 2017

The plan was for Michelle to fly into Tulsa on that Friday, which would give her a couple days to settle in and prepare for her show on Sunday.

At her daughter's request, Michelle had decided to bring Owen along with her. Owen often traveled with Michelle. She'd miss a day of school, but Michelle figured it was okay. Michelle believed traveling was beneficial for her daughter.

After getting settled on their flight, Owen put in her headphones and glued herself to her iPad, so Michelle spent the new few hours of the flight reading up on what Hanson had been doing during the last decade. The more research she did, the more impressed she was. She felt bad for not keeping in touch over the years.

Isaac had told her a bit about the Hop Jam, but she didn't realize Taylor had started it. Michelle wasn't surprised, though. Taylor had always been, even when they were teenagers, so ambitious. She remembered having conversations with him that had gone late into the night, where he had told her all the things he wanted to do and accomplish in his life. She didn't have a doubt he'd do all that and more.

Now, here he was, barely mid-thirties and had already accomplished so much - a beautiful family, thriving music career with an upcoming world tour, a beer company, a beer and music festival and a non-profit charity. Michelle wondered how he had the time. She couldn't wait to talk to him about all he'd been doing.

Michelle was both impressed and intimidated by this new Taylor. Michelle knew she'd accomplished a lot in the last decade too - she'd worked on music continuously, even when it felt like everything was against her, she'd started a band, raised a daughter, gotten divorced, and become a pretty good baker, and even though she knew it wasn't a competition, but a part of her felt like Taylor had accomplished more, and she wanted to know how he had done it. She had always admired Taylor - his drive, his passion, it was what had drawn her to him in the first place.

The pilot's voice was heard on the intercom, informing the passengers that they were beginning their descent into Tulsa, and to turn off and stow all handheld electronics, buckle up and return seats to their upright positions.