Chapter 3 - Part 1: "Lie In The Sound"

I love you more than I should

So much more than is good for me

More than is good

Oh the timing is cruel

Oh I need and don't want to need

More than I should

I am falling, say my name

And I'll lie in the sound

What is love, but whatever

My heart needs around

"Lie in The Sound" (Trespassers William)

---

Taylor had stayed the night with Michelle in Nashville, but had to leave the following morning. Both Zac and Isaac had been irritated that Taylor left, especially since there was still so much to do to prepare for tour. In many ways, Hanson were a self-managed band, and all three were expected to do their share in keeping the band organized and functioning properly.

When Taylor left Michelle's house, he felt confident in their relationship. Michelle had told him she loved him, and wanted to make it work. That was good enough for him. He flew back to Tulsa, daydreaming about his future with Michelle. He knew telling Natalie and his family he wanted a divorce would undoubtedly be the hardest thing he'd ever do, but Michelle was worth it. He had no doubt in that. For the first time in years, he felt excited about his future.

Taylor also wanted to have a discussion with his father about what he had said to Michelle all those years ago when she had told him she was pregnant, but it could wait until after tour.

Michelle, however, wasn't so confident in having an affair with Taylor. With each passing day, she had more doubts about if it was the right thing to do. She felt incredibly guilty about sleeping with him. Michelle felt like there was a war going on between her heart and her head. Her heart wanted Taylor, but her rationale told her to leave him be. She didn't want to be the source of his marriage falling apart or breaking up his family. She felt confused and guilty.