• Chapter 2 •

Underline means said in English. Nothing means in Japanese.

I get back to my seat and it's exactly when Daichi gets back on to the track after the crash. This time, he is closer to the front and is in the third row.

He has a better chance of winning now. But this race goes for thirty laps rather than fifteen as the last time. This can be a huge advantage or a complete disaster.

The cars are off and drawing me more and more into the action. Daichi's in sixth, fifth, forth...

A minor crashes occurs, not too major for the cars to break. Now, they're half way done. Daichi is still in fourth place. Wait, no third. He's catching up to second place, but first place is so far away.

Another crash occurs a more major one, making the yellow flag appear. This might be an opportunity for Daichi to catch up.

After the green flag appears, Daichi quickly passed second place and is quickly catching up to first.

Three laps to go. Daichi is catching up to first place fast!

Two more laps. Daichi is slowing down... Is there something wrong with the the car? Why is he slowing down? First place is going faster.

"IKE DAICHI!!!"

I'm so embarrassed... That just came out of my mouth without knowing... It was also in Japanese... That makes it more embarrassing to the American fans around me...

I think he herd me because he started speeding up. Faster than before. He gets close behind to first. And now it's the last lap. He's still in second place...

NO! HE PASSED HIM! HE PASSED HIM AND THE CHECKERED FLAG IS SHOWN! DAICHI WON! HE WON FIRST PLACE! I AM SO HAPPY FOR HIM!

After the last racer got out of the speedway, Daichi gets the checkered flag for the victory lap. He gets the flag and waved it to show his victory.

There are a lot of people booing because he won... I guess the guy he passed is popular...

As soon as he started the lap, his hand that is holding the flag started to slip. He tried to get a better grip on it, but he dropped it! Right near where the exit is.

Daichi gets out of his car as soon as a truck came to give the flag back to him. He gets the flag, but instead of going back into the car, he gets on top of the car, swinging the flag in front of us.

He got off his car and jumped onto the brick wall. Now, the only thing separating me from Daichi is a iron fence.

"Hey, silver-haired boy! Meet me in the parking lot after all the racers. I want to talk to you."

Wait... Me? Why? What? How? What happened? That is the real Daichi in front of me right? Not some imposter? Not my dream? What's happening? I don't know...

Even though that seems a lot suspicious, I still desided to roll with it.

"OI SUGA! Why are you taking so long? We're going to leave you behind!"

My friends are drunk as hell again... Maybe I should just leave them... it's for the greater good... But not today... I need to get home.

I see Daichi from a distance. Luckily, there isn't a major crowd, so I run, giving the same old excuse to my friends.

"I need to go to the bathroom! I'll be back in a while!"

"Don't blame us if we  leave you!"

I couldn't hear what they said because I ran to where Daichi is standing. 

"Hi silver-haired boy!" He said cheerfully.

"My name is Suga..."

"Okay Suga! Follow me!"

"Why? Why did you call me here?"

"To become a member of my team of course!"

"Wait whAT~?" I yell as he pulls me to where the racers were staying.