• Chapter 6 •

"CHEERS TO A WIN! AND TO OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER, SUGAWARA!" Daichi yells.

The team, my team, raises their cups and yell,

"CHEERS!"

"Suga." Daichi motions me to come to him, so I do.

"Meet our coach and teacher, Ukai-kantoku and Takeda-sensei."

I bow and say, "Yoroshiku onnegaishimasu. My name is Sugawara Koushi. You can call me Suga."

"Nice to meet you! Ask me questions if you need any help!" Ukai-kantoku says.

"Um... I don't know the slightest thing about fixing cars... So..." I reply.

"That's all right! I don't know the slightest thing about cars, but you're going to have to learn because this is a school club and I don't want you to just be sitting there." Oh. That's why Takeda-sensei looked familiar... but wait...

"Wait, school club?"

"Yes, it's required to take a club at Karasuno."

"DAICHI WHAT DID YOU DO! Excuse me sensei..." I run to Daichi.

"Suga, here you go, relax."

He hands me a cup.

"The form you filled out was a job application and a club form."

He gets a plastic bottle in the shape of a champagne bottle and fills the cup I'm holding with the sparkling yellowish fluid inside.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I yell.

"This has no alcohol."

"Then explain that!"

I point to a shirtless Tanaka who's yelling something about hot girls and... volleyballs?

"What do you mean? That's normal. That's why I yell TANAKA GET YOUR SHIRT BACK ON!"

The whole team has a really scared face on them now. Daichi has a weird dark aurora surrounding him... It's so dark that it's really scary...

I try to lighten up the mood.

"Uh...  So you all go to Karasuno?"

"YEAH!" Hinata yells. "Kageyama and my homeroom is class XXXX!"

"That was my homeroom in my first year too! But I heard that XXXXX-sensesi retired."

"We have XXX-sensei!"

Nishinoya and Tanaka looks so happy they're crying?

"An angel has come to save us!"

"You two shut up!" Ennoshita whacks them on the top of their heads.

"You two should be quiet before Daichi gets mad again." Narita scolds.

"Sorry, those two, as you can see here are a bit... weird..." Kinnoshita says.

"Daichi...scary..." Asahi looks like a giant, but he is really kind, like Daichi discribed.

"Uh... Daichi... When am I going to learn how to fix a car?"