• Chapter 5 •

It took a long time to explain everything to my mom and the police. The police asked me many questions and told me that I am not guilty for the things that happened today.

Afterwards, I take a long warm bath. Holy crap, what happened today...

I went to the speedway with my "friends" who got drunk, then Daichi started talking to me, and I met him in person and joined his crew, and my car was stolen by my friends, and they crashed the car and they all died...

I get out of the bath, dried myself, put some pajamas on and lie down on my bed. The clock says that it's 1:25. Dang it is late...

I try to sleep, but I can't. I look up to see the picture of me with Dai-chan. It's been so long since I've made a good new friend.

"Dai-chan, how are you doing?" I whisper to the picture. "I made a new friend today. His name is Daichi. Yes, the racer Daichi! He goes to the same school as me too! Isn't that great! I want to meet you again... Good night Dai-chan..."

I crawl under the covers after setting my alarm for 7:15 and fell asleep.

I wake up to the annoying beep of my alarm. 7:45... wait...7:45? I'M LATE! OH CRAP I'M GOING TO BE LATE!

I quickly wear my clothes, grabbed a snack to eat during first period and ran out of the door.

Luckily, my school isn't too far, it's a five minute walk, but school starts in four minutes, no three!

The first bell ring as soon as I opened my locker. I quickly get out the stuff I need for my first two classes, then stuff everything else inside.

Luckily, my class isn't too far from my locker, so I walked into my class. I made it to my seat right when the second bell was ringing. Whew! Just in time.

Wait? Where's the teacher? In the bathroom? How should I know? I just got here!

I lay my head on my desk and close my eyes. I did not get any sleep at all... Somebody ran into the classroom, obviously late. The person sits next to me.

"Hey Suga! You didn't get any sleep either..."

Wait? Is that Daichi? I know he goes to the same school, but I didn't know we sat next to each other during first period...

"Good morning Daichi..." I say groggily. "Why are you sitting next to me?"

"Cause this is my seat?"

"Wait? You sit next to me?"

"Ye-"

"Okay class, quiet down!" My teacher comes into the class. "Sorry I'm late. Everybody here? Okay. So today..."

School went on as usual I think... I didn't pay attention today because my mind was asleep most of the time.

Daichi and I also had to explain everything that happened yesterday to our principal. We were lucky that we didn't fall asleep...

It also turns out that Daichi and I have all the same classes. And we sit together in all of them. How did I never notice? Wow this is hard to process... mostly because I'm in sleep mode...

"Hey Sugar....hey Suga... are you listening? Are you awake?"

Daichi sprays some water on me.

"Ack! Daichi! Wait what? Sorry, I was sleeping... What were you saying?"

"The team is meeting after school. I'll drive you there. We're going to celebrate our win and we'll teach you how to fix a car. Okay?"

"Okay..."

Wait? Did he call me Sugar? Eh. That was probably just me... I'm still sleepy...

Suga autocorrected to sugar and I was too lazy to fix it... so... yeah...