You!

"You!"

We said at the same time pointing at each other.

I dropped my comb in shock. The girl who caught my attention and helped me from the rude guy at the coffee shop was the same person standing in front of me right now.

"You know each other?" My mom asked in confusion.

She nodded and her shocked face turned into a smile. She bowed to me.

"Annyeong hasseyeo. I'm Kang Seulgi"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Bae Irene" we both smiled to each other.

"I guess you have a story to tell to me" my mom giggled. We went to the living room. I noticed that Seulgi was with a big luggage. As we sat on the sofa, I asked my mom about Seulgi with a big luggage.

"Seulgi here is my bestfriend's daughter. Her parents decided to move to US but Seulgi refuses to come and her parents respected her decision. So for their peace of mind, my best friend asked me to take care of Seulgi and sent her here. So in conclusion, She will be living with us from now on" my mom gave a big smile clap her hands to show her happiness.

"Please do take care of me" she bowed to me and my mom. We, then told my mom about how we met at the coffee shop and my mom keeps on saying it's 'destiny'.

"oh, I forgot to tell you Irene. You will be sharing your room with Seulgi. Is that okay?" My mom asked acting cute for me to agree. By the way, my mom's name is Taeyon.

I gestured okay and lead Seulgi to the room. There were two cabinets so Seulgi can take the other one but only one bed. My mom told us that she'll move another bed the next day so we will be sharing the bed later the night.

As usual, Irene was silent and super shy and just took glances of Seulgi as she fixed her things. She was just sitting on the bed not knowing what to do or say.

"Why did you run away at that time at the coffee shop?" Seulgi broke the silence. She looked at Irene waiting for her answer.

"I-I was shy" I explained stuttering. I hate that I can easily feel nervous just by talking to people I just met. Seulgi just nodded and continued what she was doing. I was about to walk outside the room to escape the awkwardness when I unexpectedly slipped on the floor. I closed my eyes when I saw that I was about to hit the floor but then I felt arms wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes and saw Seulgi. It was Seulgi who stopped me from falling. I can feel my body heating up. It's the first time that someone was that physically close to me except my family.

"Are you okay?" Seulgi asked with a worried tone.

I can feel my heart beating fast. Her face and body was so close. I can feel her body heat. I don't know what to do. I unknowingly pushed her. I can see a shock on her face. I was also shocked. I don't know why did I do that.

Seulgi's point of view

She suddenly pushed me. I can see her gave a big sigh.

"Did I do something wr----" I was cut off due to her action. She hurriedly walked away and stepped outside the room. 'Does she hates me?' I thought in confusion.

"Well, it's not the first time she walked away from me." I sighed and just continue what I'm doing.

Third person's point of view

On the other hand, Irene was leaning on the other side of the door holding her chest and breathing heavily. Her mom saw her and approached her.

"What are you doing there?" Taeyon asked her daughter.

"N-nothing" Irene answered trying to calm herself.

The next day

Irene woke up without Seulgi beside her. Irene wasn't able to sleep well because of being awkward having Seulgi sleeping with her on the bed. She thought that they just met twice and now sharing one bed. Seulgi went her way early to go somewhere.

"Mom, I'm going now" She bid goodbye to her mom

"By the way, Seulgi will attend the same school as yours starting today." Her mom stated.

"WHAT?!" Irene was surprised.

"Please take care of your dongsaeng (Younger sister)~" Irene's mom said teasingly then winked and patted her shoulders. Yes, Irene is 1 year older than Seulgi.

Irene doesn't know what to expect but felt excited at the same time.