Chapter 4. The New School

I'd go to bed having that same thought. What does it mean? Why did I see my mother in a war? Is she a soldier or something? I tried closing my eyes, and think about nothing, but it just didn't work. I'd go downstairs to pour myself a warm milk in a cup. Without thinking i'd drink it whole. "Ugh. Tastes expired." I'd exclaim. I'd look outside, viewing the forest near our home. Squinting my eyes, I could clearly see a figure, just standing there. It was odd, the figure seemed familiar, I suddenly had a sensation, as if it was waving to me. The figure was the same as the little girl that held a knife earlier. That scared the hell outta me. 

I woke up, as I heard the alarm clock calling my name, figuratively. I suddenly yawned so hard, I felt my ears popping. And my jaw numb. It's that sensation you get if you smile too much, or if you eat something cold, and it freezes your mouth, for a fair amount of time. I'd stretch my arms, feeling a crack in my bone. I'd slowly move out of my bed, as I hear the sheets rustling. I'd start walking downstairs, hearing that creak in the wood floor. "Ugh. Life is so boring." I'd complain. I'd stop for a moment, checking if there's something behind me. Nothing would appear, so I finally just walk downstairs not caring anymore.

A few moments later at school, this guy named just comes by, waving to me.He'd come over to say hello to me, I start to sweat. I'm claustrophobic meaning I don't like closed spaces. I step back a bit, worried if he comes closer to me. "Hey. I'm Max. Welcome to Fermington!" He said. "Thanks!" I'd respond. His voice is a bit deeper than other boys at the School. His hair is blonder than mine. Yet, more dirtier. His eyes are crystal blue, as he looks at me, smirking. He has that kind of warming smile you would get from somebody to comfort you, to make you feel less that your an idiot. Well, to me. I just felt that I finally belonged somewhere that wasn't my home. Somewhere that made me feel more secure about myself. And, more that I finally fit in with others. I'm happy my mother brought me here.