Chapter 9. The Truth

I run back home, after a long day of stressed testing at school. I knock on the door. Finally glancing over at my mother opening the door, I dash inside. She closes the door. I look at her, as if she's a monster. I roll my eyes.
"What's for dinner."
"Meatloaf." She answered.
"Yay! I mean, whatever."
She crosses her arms.
"Okay, what's going on?" She finally asked. "I saw that vision of you. Where there were thousands of dead bodies around you." I said, turning a bit red. She tilts her head, as if she has no idea what I'm talking about. Which I obviously know she does. She sits down, about to spill the beans. "That was not me. That was my twin." She answered, looking around the house, to see if no one was watching. I live alone with my mother. I never had a sibling. And my father passed away like, last year. I still miss him, though. "Alright, finish your food. And, no more questions." I had so many questions to ask her. And so little answers was to be answered.

I didn't really touch my meatloaf. I only messed around with it. My mother was so hungry, she finished the dish for me. I wasn't really hungry, either. A few moments later, I get ready for bed. I still feel like a red tomato, ever since my mother told me about her twin. I was just so confused, and angry that I didn't really know what emotion I had before. It was difficult to process all that info she told me, even though all she said was she had a twin. But, to me it was hard. It was also so hard to rest with so many things on my mind. I was thinking, how could she have kept this secret from me? Or, why did she keep it from me? I literally bored myself to sleep after all that. But the real question is, where is her twin now?