Chapter Eight

🕢 A few months Later🕟

Naya was in the grocery store so she could plan a romantic dinner for Dwayne. She turned on the bread aisle before she heard a voice say gently, "Sit down, DeShawn, right now." Being that she is not only nosy but intrigued by anyone with her brother's name, she went to the next aisle to see what all the hooplah was about. She notices a woman with two children in her buggy but she has her back turned so she couldn't see who the lady was. As she approached the lady she looking in the buggy and saw two miniature copies of her brother. Before she knew it she had spoken.

"DeShawn is right," she said. The lady turned around with wide eyes and looked anxious when Naya realized that the woman was Kiahah. Naya was shocked to see her but then she got really excited because this means she didn't get the abortion!

"So you didn't get the abortion?" Naya shrieked at Kiahah. Kiahah slowly shook her head 'no' before trying to rush past her. "Oh, no! You're not going anywhere. I have to tell my brother! He's going to be so happy!" Naya noticed that Kiahah's eyes got dark.

"If you tell that fucking asshole anything I will move and you will never see them again. I'm not ready to face Shawn just yet. So please Naya, don't tell him," Naya looked shocked as she processed Kiahah's words.

"Look, calm down, I won't tell him. I heard about what he told you to do and I'm glad you didn't go through with it. They are soooo precious. What's their names?"

"DaShawn and DaShawnie," Kiahah said a bit skeptically.

"Really. You named them after him?" Naya said with a sarcastic chuckle.

"Yeah... despite being a total asshole to me, I still love DeShawn."

"Who's last name do they have?"

"His."

"How?"

"He signed a release I sent two months after his wedding,"

"And he didn't come to try to find them?"

"More than likely he didn't read the papers," Kiahah said as she rolled his eyes at his stupidity.

"Wow. They look just like him. I mean like a freaking split image," Naya said as she walked to look at them more closely.

"Yeah. They act like him too."

"Who's the oldest?"

"Shawnie, so grown."

Naya laughed, "that's really ironic because I'm the oldest of me and Shawn," Shawn, Jr. heard his name and turned to Naya, then he reached for her. She looked at Kiahah for permission before the grabbed him.

"Oh my goodness, he likes you. He's so freaking picky about who he lets hold him. He hates my brother,"

"Don't we all," Naya murmured under her breath. "Can I spend time with them?"

"Sure just don't let Shawn see them because I'd hate to have to kill him about my kids,"

"Okay, they're sooo precious," Naya said as she cuddled little Shawn. Kiahah just smiled at Naya. She began to feel a pain in her chest from keeping her kids away from his family but she knew it was for the best. "Can I keep them this weekend? Like I want them to know me. I promise Shawn won't be there,"

Kiahah has never really let anyone keep her kids other than her brother and Vanessa , but she is their aunt so it shouldn't be a problem. Kiahah nodded and they discussed the time and where Naya lived so they could get everything settled. After leaving Kiahah, Naya really had to debate about whether or not she was going to tell her brother about the twins. I mean they are his kids, but really what difference would it make. Her phone ringing brought her out of her trance.

"Hello," she answered.

"So I'm coming over this weekend to-," Naya cut him off.

"Ummm you can't come over this weekend. I'm busy,"

"What the fuck is a busy? Who the fuck got you busy?"