Chapter 5

Francis P.O.V
I was working in my chambers when I heard a knock at the door. "Come in." It was one of my guards.
"Your majesty?"
"Yes?"
"It's the queen your majesty, she has apparently collapsed in the dungeons and was brought to the infirmary."
"What?"
"She collapsed in the-"
"I know, take me to her."
When I arrived I saw her, sleeping like death. Then the physician walked in. "Good evening your majesty."
"How did this happen?"
"Didn't your guard tell you, she fainted."
"But how?"
"Most of time fainting like this can be caused by stress."
Did the prisoner say anything to her? Was it because of what happened this afternoon?
"Which guard brought her here?"
"I'm not sure sir, try asking one of the guards."
"Thank you, leave us."
"Of course." The physician then walked off, I decided to ask the guards posted outside the infirmary. "You there, do you know which guard brought the queen to the infirmary."
"It was Thomas my lord."
"Send him to me."
"Of course my lord."
While I waited for that guard to return I sat with Mary. She looked so peaceful but quit pale and deathly all at the same time. I prayed that she would wake soon. "My lord, the guard you have requested is here."
"Thank you, send him in."
The guard walked in, he looked quite nervous.
"Good evening your majesty."
"Good evening Thomas."
"You look quite nervous, I promise you your not in trouble. I wanted to ask you a few questions about the queen."
"Of course my lord, what do you want to know?"
"Tell me everything that happened between the moment you brought her to the dungeons to the moment she fainted."
"I met her and the queen mother at the entrance of the dungeon. I then escorted her to his cell and told her if she needed me to knock on the door, she was only in there for a few minutes when I heard screaming and laughing from the prisoner and I went in and grabbed her. When outside I tried to ask her if she was alright, she just stared blankly at me and then just collapsed."
"Thank you Thomas, you may return to your post."
He walked out and I sat beside Mary, I prayed again for her to walk soon. I held her hand and just waited, physicians walked in and out checking in on her condition. I sat there patiently for about an hour, when finally Mary began to wake up. "Mary?"

The next morning I woke up and went to my study to work. I would normally go to Mary but she told me last night that she didn't want to see me when she woke up because she wanted me to rest. I begin to work when I get a knock on the door. "Your majesty?" I looked up to see the physician.
"What's the matter, is Mary alright?"
"I don't know my lord."
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I walked out for two minutes and when I returned she wasn't there."
I began to think the worst of where she went? I didn't want to think the worst but since I failed to protect her once before it's always where my mind goes.
"Did you search for her, maybe she went to the bathroom?"
"Yes but there was no sign of her. I sent guards to look for her but they haven't seen her yet."
"How do you loose a patient, a very important one to be exact?"
"She was sleeping when I left I didn't see a problem."
I gesture for my guards posted at the door. "Guards? Search the castle for the queen."
"Yes my lord."
I turn back to the physician. "And you, if anything happens to her it's on you."

About an hour later I receive a knock on the door. "Come in." Its one of my guards.
"Anything?"
"Her majesty is in the dinning room having breakfast with one of her ladies."
"Thank you."
I run down to the dinning hall to see Mary with Lola eating breakfast. "Mary?"
"Francis, good morning."
"Mary I've had guards looking for you, where have you been?"
"What do you mean?"
"Where did you go? The physician came to me about an hour ago saying you were missing."
"Oh. I woke up and left, I felt fine I didn't see the reason to stay. I ran into Lola we went to our chambers and she helped me get ready and then we came here to eat. I don't see what all this fuss is about."
I gestured to Lola, "leave us please." She nodded and walked off.
"What was that for? We were eating."
"Mary you could have been actually sick, you shouldn't have left without being released."
"Well what do you want me to do, go back?"
"Yes. Until the physician says so I want you to rest."
"I don't see the big deal I'm fine!"
"Mary... please not now just go lay down."
"Why?"
"I don't want to loose you."
"Francis, your not gonna loose me."
"But Mary I worry I know I told you not to dwell on the past but I can't stop and think at times like these."
"Francis we are both ok. Stop worrying stress isn't good for either of us."
"Ok. But please lay down today."
She kisses me on the cheek. "I'll lay down to make you feel better but I want something in return tonight, almost like a reward?"
"Deal."