Chapter 6

About two months have passed since I got that warning from the prisoner. Nothing has happened... so far. He's words haunt me almost every single night 'this isn't the end'. I don't let Francis know because he told me not to worry but I worry everyday, what if? What if something happened again? I tried so hard not to think about it but my mind always crept back to it. The stress has been getting to me I've been dizzy and nauseous ever since then. "Mary?" I was snapped out of my thoughts and turned to see Francis looking at me. "Mary did you hear anything I just said."
"Uhhh.... No can you repeat what you said?"
"Mary? Are you ok? You seem like your miles away right now."
"Francis. I'm fine." He's been asking me this since I fainted, it's getting to be quite irritating. I didn't want to trouble him about the fact that I've been stressed out but he's really beginning to notice.
"Mary you aren't fine. What's troubling you?"
"You know that night two months ago? When the prisoner gave me that warning and I fainted after. He's warning has been troubling me ever since then."
"Mary I told you not to worry."
"I can't help worrying that someone might kill you or me or the baby-"  The baby, it slipped out of my mouth. I wasn't supposed to tell him for another week or so.
"What?"
"I am with child. I didn't want to tell you until I was sure-" He kissed me before I could even finish my sentence.
"Mary this is wonderful news, I'm glad you didn't wait any longer."
"But the timing couldn't be worse, with the prisoners warning and-"
"Mary enough, stress isn't good for you in your condition."
"Ok." Again I should stop making promises I cannot keep even if I knew he was right.

A little while later after I get Francis to stop worrying about me I decide to go for a walk. The joy in his face when I told him. It makes me happy to see him so happy. He's agreed not to say anything yet until I'm ready to tell the world considering what happened last time. The day after I told him and the world about my pregnancy I lost the child. I was absolutely heart broken and I waited so long to tell him what had happened because he was so happy, we were happy. Then dark times fell upon both of us but finally I can see the light coming back.
"Mary! You should be resting in your condition!" I turned to see Catherine following up behind me.
"How could you possibly know? Did Francis tell you?"
"Mary as I told you before I'm familiar with the condition. I noticed when you were rather sick about 2 weeks ago so I decided to follow you around and when you finally got your chamber pot tested last week I asked them to also tell me the results."
"So you've been spying on me?"
"Yes. But I want to know something I know you've probably known for sometime why were you so hesitant to know isn't this what you've always wanted?"
"Yes but I was worried if I knew or told anyone I would loose the baby again. I mean don't you find it odd that the day after I told everyone I lost the baby."
Catherine stares back at me stunned for a long time not knowing what to say. She finally opens her mouth but no words form.
"Catherine?"
"Mary.... I don't know what to say."
"There's no need to say anything I just wanted you to hear. But how long have you been spying one me?"
"Well about 2 weeks ago you excused yourself from breakfast and I could tell you looked sick and I recognized that type of sickness."
"Catherine for awhile I told myself it was stress because of the incident but last month I could no longer blame it on stress but I did want to make sure so I waited a little bit longer just in case. Then finally last week I got my chamber pot tested and well I've been waiting to tell Francis part of me didn't want to tell him. I didn't even mean to tell him this morning it slipped out, it was so selfish of me Catherine but I was so worried to say anything I just wanted it to last."
"Mary dear it isn't selfish I understand why you were so worried and I promise I will not say anything until you are ready. But do not stress yourself out any longer."
"Thank you Catherine and I'll try my hardest."

Authors Note: Hey guys! Sorry my chapter was so late, I was on vacation for the beginning of the month and didn't have time to write and I just got back last week and was settling back in. But I'm back and will try to get out more chapters and longer chapters but I am starting school in 2 weeks so bare with me if things get slow but I am trying my best. Which leads me to apologize to how short this chapter was compared to my latest chapters but I honestly had a dead end with this chapter for some reason even though it brought very exciting news so I decided to just end the chapter and post it because I didn't want to wait any longer because I had you guys waiting so long.