Chapter 9: Wait, I Live? Is That Actually A Good Thing?

The pain was starting to fade away.

It was all I felt for a long time. I had been stuffed into that new dark crevice in the back of my mind by some unknown force with no remorse. I could feel the light reaching my eyes for some reason, as this new cracking sound started up since a while ago, and I felt something cold and constricting coming off.

Ah, the light was shining really bright this time. The pain was being washed away by it almost completely. I felt my throat unlock as air was allowed into it, and I could breathe again after so long. Relief washed over me like a slight breeze, and the horrible feelings I had up until now were dissipating.

There was this throbbing feeling in my chest, but as the light got brighter it numbed itself and I could see other things than light...silhouettes. There was a red one above me, and three black ones on the sides. Wherever I was warm, I could vaguely make out their shapes on my skin. They were hands.

Something was making a squishing noise below me as I turned myself over, moaning. Noises of alarm echoed faintly in my ears, but I ignored them, and snuggled closer onto the warm thing below me, burying my face deeper to warm it up.

Something was tugging on my sides, but I shrugged it off and tried to go to sleep, slurring, "Lemme alone, I wanna sleep..."

Maybe I shouldn't have spoken in the first place, because voices shouted out all of a sudden and a scream resounded, then a whip struck across my cheek. I was fully awake after that. The solemn mood was gone.

"That hurts damn it, I just want to sleep! Is that such a bad thing?! I said, leave me alone!" My eyes were wide open as I whipped myself up and glared at the wall I was facing. There were two people kneeling next to me with shocked expressions on their faces, but I disregarded them as I leaned back and fell onto the lap I had been using. It took seconds for me to get comfortable and again and sleeping, but then another ruckus was raised.

"Wait, you're alive?!" Kenna exclaimed with a high pitched voice.

I reached up my right hand and covered my ear. I was extremely irritated for some reason, the emotions I felt when in the dark were popping up and boiling properly inside of me this time, instead of freezing.

I exploded at them, while turning my head on her lap, "No shit Sherlock! And you're preventing me from passing on, so shut up and let me sleep! It hurts!"

She, with a surprised face, reached down and hugged me awkwardly. Darian had locked himself onto me when I first woke up like a needy child, but Cooper had been there for awhile, I could tell, with how bloodstained he was.

I remembered seeing a third black head sometime, so I slipped out of her embrace and looked behind her. There, Felix was standing with a shocked expression and wide eyes. His arms were folded as if trying to cover his eyes, but they immediately dropped as he came forward and sat besides Kenna, slowly, like really slowly.

I didn't get what the dramatics were about, but oh well.

He reached down and tried to pull me like a little child from under my arms towards himself. That didn't work even with his muscles, because I had some deadweights (people) holding me down, so he just came closer and hugged me tightly. Too tight, because I was struggling to breathe.

Even though I didn't need to anymore.

A post trauma of being squished into the deep crevice of my mind, which I was sure held the afterlife on the other side, bubbled up on my mind. I was squirming in his constricting embrace while trying to force out words so he'd let me go. Anymore and I would black out from fear.