4: Disapproval

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"R-rick?" I look around the house, scared. I hesitate before opening the garage door. I want to fall to my knees and cry as I catch a glimpse of him killing a small blob like alien. The light bulb bursting before he replaces it and  sits down, replacing the spot the alien was with himself. I tear up and cover my mouth. Just as the laser forms, I scream. He passes out and as I go to run to him, Morty holds me back. My tears are streaming.

I sit up.  Wide awake, sweating profusely. I look around and pant. Rick is laying next to me. He's far away but close enough for us to both be on the bed and not have it be awkward. He's also awake. He looks at he and sighs.

"You're fine. I'm fine. Go back to sleep." He states. I want to cry. I haven't cried for years...only when my father passed did I cry.

Rick makes me feel all weird inside. He can try to hide it all he wants but he cares about me. I don't know why though...

"O-okay..." I move a bit closer to him and lay back down. He mumbles something as I slowly fall back asleep.

*Time skip*

I awake a few hours later, as I go to sit up, I feel arms around my waist, I look down to see Rick's arms, his head resting on my stomach as I freeze up a little. I quickly push him off and he wakes up.

"What the fuck (Y/N)?!" He groans, sitting up.

"Your the one who was laying on me!" I shout, looking around him room a little. There's picture frames on his desk. One of him and my father. The other, him and I. But I look different. I look weak and fragile and my hair doesn't have highlights.

"W-who is this?" I asked confused and get out of the bed to hold up the frame. I hear him gulp. He tells me to sit down. Its a long story.

*time skip about 30 minutes*

My eyes are wide. I want to slap him across the face yet I can't.

"I-if you already had an (Y/N), why did you let her die?! Why do you want me?! As a replacement so I'll die to?!"

He frowns. He didn't want to tell me but for someone who is the "smartest man in the universe" he's pretty shitty at little details.

"Is that why I keep having flashbacks, nightmares, memories that aren't mine?!" I look at him, my eyes well with tears as I show fear and worry for the first time in years."How did you know my father?"