Chapter 4

Harry glared as he looked outside his window. A glass of Brandy sat in his good hand. His other was a hazard.

Harry made sure to always wear a glove on his left hand. It was a gold resistant glove that kept him from turning everything into gold. He was Dr. Midas after all.

Two years ago Harry's life changed for the worst.

At one point, he was happy and in love. He should've known it was too good to be true. Fionn couldn't have loved him as much as he loved Fionn.

-

Harry was smiling from ear to ear. It was Fionn and he's five year anniversary. Their first anniversary as an engaged couple.

Everything was going so great for the both of them. Harry was finally publishing his debut romance novel "Poison" and Fionn was now a lead at Liquid Solutions Inc. They would be getting married in September.

Everything was going great or at least it seemed that way until that fateful day. The day that Fionn betrayed his trust.

Harry bounced up the steps to Fionn's office. He finally had his own and no longer worked in a cubical. Outside the office was the work space. Large vats of gold and aluminum liquid sat in bronze tubs, but there was a rusting chain marking off that area.

Harry had a picnic basket in his hand as he made it to the top step. His eyes were following the steps as he made his way up. He was excited to surprise Fionn with an anniversary lunch.

Finally his eyes looked up and he saw through the window. His heart dropped just as well as the picnic basket did. There he saw Fionn's naked butt thrusting into some girl on his desk. Harry couldn't make out her face, but as she lifted up, he recognized her immediately.

Fionn was fucking his sister.

Harry's anger grew millisecond by millisecond. It was one thing for your fiancè to cheat on you. Another for your gay future husband to fuck a girl, but for that girl to be your sister was a whole other sadistic level.

Harry pounded his fists on Fionn's door repetedly and Fionn stopped thrusting at the sound. His eyes softened when he realized that it was Harry.

Harry flipped the bird at him in pain. Tears stained his cheeks and he yelled profanities through the door.

Fionn ran out of his office, running after his hysterical fianceè. He didn't even bother to put on his pants.

"Get the fuck away from me, Fionn." Harry cursed, gritting his teeth.

"Baby, wait. I can explain." Fionn insisted.

"Oh really? There's an explanation for you fucking my sister? What, were you fishing your lunch out of her vagina?" Harry yelled. At this point, almost all the workers on the first floor were looking up at the chaos unfolding between Fionn and Harry.

"It just kind of happened." Fionn said, rubbing the back of his neck in discomfort.

Harry scoffed, "I should have known better. Everyone warned me. I should have listened."

Harry ran further away, edging himself closer to the ledge where the tubs of liquid metal laid beneath them.

"Prince, I'm so sorry." Fionn apologized, laying his hand on Harry's cheek.

Harry grabbed Fionn's hand and pushed it off of him.

"Don't fucking touch me." he said out of temperment.

Harry smirked, "Maybe I should throw my ring back in the pit it belongs." Harry ripped the ring off his finger and threw it into the liquid below him.

"Haz, fuck. What did you just do?" Fionn grew nervous and Harry looked down to see a bubble expand in the tub. Harry's eyes widened in fear. What had he done?

As the bubble expanded to its max, it finally popped with a loud boom and the roof began to shake and the ground quaked and Harry lost his footing and fell right over the chain that was supposed to protect him from falling.

"HARRY!" Fionn let out a blood-curdling scream and reached out his arm, but it was too late. Harry had already fallen too far to be caught.

As the air whoosed through Harry's hair, he could hear the alarm blaring and an automated voice instructing an emergency evacuation. For a moment, Harry felt at peace just floating in the air. That was until the splat of him hitting the liquid sounded and Harry couldn't make it to the surface. He drowned in a vat of gold liquid.

Or so he thought.

-

A tear fell down Harry's cheek. The memory of that day brought him immense pain. He couldn't have imagined a day worse than that. He went from losing his fiancè to losing his identity in the matter of a few minutes. A few heated moments.

When the fire department finally got Harry's body out of the liquid only one part of Harry's body was covered in gold. The hand that his engagement band was on.

He became a monster from that point on. He turned Fionn into gold. He turned Gemma into gold. He turned the firefighter that saved him into gold. Everything that he touched turned to gold and Harry hadn't had human interaction since.

As a villain, he wore his glove, but when a normal part of society, he wore his ring. The ring. Harry and the ring were the only things that survived that day. The blast when Harry hit the liquid was so great that its aroma had created a barrier and everything in the building turned to gold.

He liked to compare himself to Medusa. People could look at him, but without the ring or the glove, human contact was unattainable.

"Mr. Midas?" Camila, his assistant and only friend, knocked on his door.

"Yes, love?" Harry turned away from his window and towards her and gave a small smile, wiping the tear from his cheek.

"I have an update on Tomlinson," Camila said and Harry nodded for her to continue.

Harry had been keeping his eyes on Deadpool ever since they became frenemies. At first they worked together as partners, but Louis couldn't handle the heat and bailed on Harry. Harry kept tabs on the older man. He had to make sure that Deadpool wouldn't betray his word. No one could ever know Harry's real identity.

"After the bank heist, he went to a Mexican restaurant called 'Hemmings Mexican Grill'. Louis came in contact with three individuals. Claudimar Neto, 27. Civilian, works in a dance crew called Mix Men. Perrie Edwards, 24. Civilian, waitress at restaurant. Zayn Malik, 24. Civilian, chef at restaurant."

Camila set out photos of all the civilians. Neto seemed to be a tall, African American man. Edwards, a short blonde, but the photo of Malik is what caught Harry's attention. He was very obviously Middle Eastern and very beautiful.

"Get me a meeting with Malik. I need to know him more." Harry said, closing the file and sending Camila out the door without another word.

To the business world, he was Mr. Harry Styles, CEO of Styles Inc., but to England, he was the big bad wolf, Dr. Midas.