Chapter One: The Confession

You had always admired Lenin. Lenin was, in essence, the perfect revolutionary. He was so smart and so well spoken. He had years to perfect his arguments while imprisoned. He was fearless; he always did what others dared never to do. When he asked you to work for him, you were thrilled. The thought of working with the Vladimir Lenin made you tremble with excitement. Deep down, you hoped something more would come out of this.

The only thing between you and Lenin was his wife, Nadezhda. Nadezhda was a beautiful woman and a fellow revolutionary. You thought she was lucky to be the wife of a man like Lenin. After all, you've lusted after him for years of being a part of the Bolshevik party. As much as you respect her as a comrade, you would feel no shame having an affair with Lenin.

One day, Vladimir called you into his office. "Oh, Владлена, I need to speak with you. It's urgent," he called. You were giddy and scared at the same time. You hoped that this would be the time he would make a move. You were even considering making the first move, but you were anxious; you enjoyed this job and being around Lenin. Your behavior could jeopardize it.

"Yes, what seems to be the matter?" you responded, eager to know this matter he was speaking of.

"Well, you see Владлена, I really enjoy working with you. I hope the feeling is mutual," he smirked. You liked where this was going. Well, you hoped it was going somewhere. Your heart cannot stand much more.

"Oh, why of course it is, Vladimir. I enjoy working with you very much so," you responded. You yearned for his touch.

"I thought so," he said. "Listen, Владлена, I've seen the way you look at me. Truthfully, I feel the same way. Nadezhda is lovely, but working with you has made me feel things I've never felt before," he said to you, inching closer and speaking in a low voice.

You couldn't believe it. Lenin just confessed his attraction to you! You wanted him so bad. It seemed he wanted you too. "Well," you whispered shyly, "I feel the same way."