Chapter Five: The Surprise

You anxiously waited for him to show you whatever it was in his pocket. A surprise just for you? How exciting, how romantic, how... This made you remember why you felt the way you did about him. He was so thoughtful. When he really and truly cared for someone or something, he went out of his way to show it. It was so sweet of him to bring you a gift.

After moments of silent anticipation, Lenin pulled a baby duck from his pocket. 

It was a beautiful baby duck. Its color was bright yellow, reminiscent of a full egg yolk. There was such much life in that tiny little thing. Here was one of God's precious creatures gently enveloped in the hands of the man you loved with all of your heart. Quacking softly, the pile of feathers stared at you with its beady eyes. It looked at you as if it held all of the secrets to love and the universe. This warm ball knew exactly where to hit you. Softness erupted within your chest, cascading down through your whole body. 

It didn't last.

"But why a duck?" you pondered. "Why not a marriage proposal? Why won't he just have sex with me? Why won't he offer to move across the globe with me?"

The questions soared through your mind but those thoughts were interrupted when Lenin opened his mouth to speak.