Chapter Three: Another Chance

You left earlier after your encounter with Lenin. It felt awkward to be with him so you walked home. He saw you leave. You didn't think he'd mind; you assumed he wanted some space as well. It hurt to know he felt the same but didn't want to act on it.

"Maybe a quiet evening at home will make me feel better," you thought to yourself while eating pickled vegetables out of the jar. The comfort of the same vinegary, fermented taste in every bite replaced what it would be like to have his body close to yours.

"Why does he 'respect' me too much to touch me? No other man in his position would have any qualms about touching me," you said to yourself this time, the words dripping with anger and frustration. You knew he was a lot better than a lot of the other men you knew, but you couldn't help but wish he would bend just a little bit.

Just as you were wishing he would just get over himself and ruthlessly fuck you on his desk, you heard a knock on the door. You weren't expecting anyone and you're a little pissed off that someone had the audacity to interrupt your quiet night at home.

"Владлена, it's me. I just want to talk," Lenin said from behind your front door. "Please let me in. I think I can make it up to you, what happened in my office today."

An interesting offer. You went to the door to greet him, hoping he changed his mind about what he said to you earlier.