Jamie Lannister - Silver

The King's Landing's gardens had always amazed you; by their variety of flowers that beamed thousand of colors into your eyes, the fountain with its sweet and melodic voice, and the sight of water that eased you instently. The birds sang in the trees and the trees breathed life to anyone walking past them. The peacefulness of the place made it your favourite in all of the Seven Kingdoms. Not only did you love this vicinity that came straight out of a fairy tale, you also had a special liking for a certain Ser that you often saw strolling about. Whenever he was around, the flowers seemed to be brighter and the fountain soothed the heart and soul of every single person in the garden, and especially yours.

Jaime Lannister and you had been friends since the first time he saw you at Robert and Cersei's wedding; House (Y/L/N) was a very strong ally of the house Baratheon, and if it wasn't for a certain Lannister woman, you would have been the one marrying Robe- King Robert. Yours eyes had landed on his every time you looked in his direction; after a while, he moved out of his father's sight and began walking, towards you. You did your best to stay focused on the conversation a couple of ladies you were talking with had, but your eyes seemed to always find themselves attached to the knight's form that made his way across the richly decorated throne room. Your hands flew to your mouth when you saw one of the gard fall flat on his face after Jaime slightly pushed him; alcohol and physical contact never had good results. You tried containing your laugh but when other people around you erupted in laughter, you let a big grin spread across your lips, which the Lannister did not miss to notice, a satisfied smile appearing on his face. You excused yourself to the group of ladies you had been with all night, and made your way around the throne room, a stunned expression plastered on your face as if you were looking for a peculiar individual. You came to a stop, a cup of whine in your hand, taking a sip while admiring the ceiling's ornaments; a voice came from behind you, a really nice one with a sweet accent that came from nowhere you could indicate on a Westeros map.

"Silver, they said, we want silver!" you turned around to watch the knight make a childish pout while looking at what you were previously fascinated by, making you giggle, he took this for an encouragement and continued, "Silver is no colour for a King nor a Queen, I told them." He started squinting his eyes, "Gold is what you need, gold is what you will get, I insisted." His gaze dropped down to you, "Because Gold is what you want." Something about the way he looked at you, something about the way he talked instently mesmerised you. You found yourself looking in his eyes for longer than you ever had with anyone. You broke eye-contact when an annoucement was made for everybody to go back to their reserved seats. You looked away, walking past him and gently whispering in his ear:

"Silver would have been better." And then you walked off, back to your table with your other acquaintances; leaving a flustered Jaime Lannister.

After that night, Jaime and you would always take a walk through the gardens before dusk, debatting on different loyal matters, and kissing. Of course, you made sure no one could see you while doing the latter, but you did enjoy the time you spent with him. What the Lannister knight never spoke with you about was his relationship with his sister; and you learned it the harsh way... One day, as you were coming back from the tailor who was preparing a dress for you to wear on the King and Queen's first year of ruling's feast, a group of ladies passed by you and you got intrigued when Cersei and Jaime's names were pronounced, followed by the word 'incest'. Had they witnessed one? Or were they at the heart of the rumor? You decided to ask the women directly.

"I'm sorry," you apologised, stepping in their way, "what did you say about the Queen and her brother?" Surely they had witnessed one, there was no other way...

"Oh you don't know!" One of them spoke; seeing the puzzled look on your face she added, "the Queen and her brother are-" she was cut off by another girl around the same age as her, maybe a few years younger.