Tywin Lannister - Unforeseen

/// Season 2 spoilers /// (Y/L/N) = Your Last Name ///

Voices being ripped appart, swords slicing flesh, iron, silver, gold creaking against one another: these were the sounds you could hear from the battlements. You peeked behind a crenel to see a mountain of bodies scattered everywhere on the sandy beach; corpses were added to the already humongous amount of dead people by every second that passed. You saw that the battlement on which you were standing was close to having no protection left. The last archer fell dead at your feet, an arrow right through his heart, and a ladder had been installed on the side of the wall. A few paladins stood a couple feet away from you, tightly holding their swords and shaking like naked newborns. Truth is, you were shaking too. No word could describe the fear you felt as the first man who climbed up the ladder put his feet on the ground and impaled a knight with his sword. Four attackers climbed up the ladder and stood in the battlement, one went fighting alongside his comrade and the other three went in the other direction: your direction. As soon as they saw you, they started walking faster, one of them licked his lips like he was faced by hundreds of tables full of food after fasting for weeks. You were petrified by fear, three men were coming your way, putting their swords back in their sheath after wipping the blade against their blood-stained armor. You shook your head and managed to take a few steps back, entering a turret and plunging yourself into the darkness. Your eyes couldn't leave the forms of the threatening knights that were marching at a rapid pace. You took another step backwards, hitting a golden chest that shone the weak light of the moon that flew over the sea. Before you could turn around, hands wrapped themselves gently on your shoulders and you felt the warm breath of the individual tickling your neck:

"You might want to look away, My Lady." He spoke in a fruity voice, slightly pushing you out of his way. He unsheathed his sword and the paladins that had just walked into the turret had no time to do so as your saviour chopped one's head off, cut open one's stomach making his guts pour out of the wound and he sliced the last one's throat, making him cough blood and choke on the red liquid. You watched as he swinged his blade in swift motions, his cloak majestically following his every move. You saw life fade away from the eyes of your ennemies; the corpses already gave out a dreadful smell adding to the already suffocating atmosphere. Your eyes flicked back to the golden knight when you heard his weapon grinding against the sheath.

"Thank you Ser, I owe you my life!" The said-man turned around to reveal the face of Tywin Lannister. Oh.

"It was my duty, My Lady." He saw the look of recognition on your face and bowed slightly, taking your hand in his while doing so and kissing your knuckles. You were glad that darkness was surrounding you so the knight couldn't see your blushing face; you were a Lady since you were born but had never gotten used to the gesture. He straightened up, making you realise how tall he actually was. You had seen him hundreds of times on court but had never been close enough to be able to take in his actual height. He sighed shortly and -with an authoritative voice- demanded: "May I ask why your presence was required on the battlements, My Lady?" Suddenly your eyes started to water and yours hand shook in his, his grisp tightened and you couldn't help but let a sob escape from your mouth, "My Lady?" You dried your tears in a quick motion and tried to steady your voice:

"My father, Ser (Y/L/N) of the King's Guard, was attributed a place in avant-guarde in the battle of BlackWater-" You sensed the Lannister tense at your words, "- he knew he would not get out of there alive..." You trailed off, gazing at the floor, you felt your hand being squeezed and continued, "So I blackmailed his squire so he would take me to the battlements and I would try to help in the battle... But I couldn't." You were tired, your eyes were puffy from the crying and your all body hurt from stressing out; your legs started to drop beneath you and two arms came resting protectively around your waist. Before darkness surrounded you, you gathered all the strength you had to mutter: "I couldn't."

*~Time Skip~*

Voices spoke gently to your sides, no other sound could be heard except from the discussion that was going on between the two males that were standing beside you. Had we won the battle? Had we lost? You made an effort to slid your eyelids open and when you did the sound stopped. You were met with the sight of the bright cushions of your bed and your father sitting on it.

"Father?" Your usually sweet voice came out as hoarse and rough. Your father's hands came resting on your cheeks and he placed a kiss on top of your head; when he stepped back he saw tears slipping out of your eyes, a big smile on your face. "But I thought you- I saw you at Balckwater Bay you-" Your father shook his head making you stop talking.

"(Y/N), I might not be as fierceful as I once was but this is my homeland and I know how to fight here." He wipped away your tears, "Most of their soldiers were not properly trained... I thought you had realised... I thought you knew better." You shoved him slightly while laughing but then his words hit you; how did he know about your compromise with his squire? Did his squire tell him about it? If not, who? Many questions were dashing in your head but as you opened your mouth to speak, your father spoke: "On the other hand, someone did know better." His gaze was directed to someone behind you, you raised an eyebrow and turned around to see Tywin Lannister on a chair near your bed, the sigil of the Hand of the King proudly resting on the right side of his chest. You sat back hastily, trying to make yourslef look decent but then realised how stupid it would be as you had both seen each other covered in blood and sweat from last night's fight. He stood up and walked to your side, his eyes seemed to show something else than what they did on court, he looked... Caring. He took your hand in his and a genuine smile appeared on his features.

"Lady (Y/N), I am glad I have been of help when needed." You nodded shortly, a confused look on your face, wondering where he wanted to go with this affirmation, he took a slight breath and added: "I have named Ser (Y/L/N), Protector of the Citywatch." His voice spoke solemnly and your eyes widened in surprise, looking back and forth to your father and Tywin. Your gaze stopped on the latter when you felt him retreat his hands from your grasp, "Now, I have a meeting with the small council and I shouldn't make His Grace wait." He walked to the doorway and turned around to look at your father, bowing slightly, "Good luck with your new position."

"And you, My Lord Hand."

"My Lady," He bowed towards you a little longer than he did for your father, "I hope to see you soon on court." And with this he left. You father left you to rest shortly after, and you couldn't stop thinking about what had happened to you in the last couple hours of your life. You sighed deeply and lied back down on your bed, contemplating the ceiling.

"Well that was... Unforeseen."

Author's Note: 'Cause Tywin deserves some love too. By the way, is it just me who thought that it was Charles Dance (Tywin's actor) that sang The Rains of Castamere? Yeah? Just me? Well then...