Petyr Baelish - Thunder

"No! Never speak to me ever again!" The echo of the shouted words was increased by the sound of thunder striking the clouds in a deafening shriek.

You tightened your grip on the cloak that had been drapped around your shoulders and walked out of the brothel rapidly. Water was pouring out of the sky and onto the dirty pavements in regular waves, soothing your troubled-self as you ignored the begging of the whoremonger. You couldn't believe it. Petyr Baelish, who had been a friend of yours for longer than you could remember, and your lover for a slightly shorter amount of time, had once again stolen -or as he would like to remind you, 'borrowed'- money to the King. You just couldn't believe he would do something so stupid! He had planned to live King's Landing with you for quite a while now but never had he taken an amount like this... Everytime he came back home and told you how much he had been able to take from the treasury, you prayed that he would not get caught; and as he was the Master of Coins, he was sure no one would notice. But you were not that sure. No matter how many times he reassured you that no one would ever find out, you could not help but worry...

You had not noticed the tears forming in your eyes until the warm feeling of them sliding down your cheeks disappeared as they plunged into the sea of cold rain. You spotted a non-occupied bench that was shielded of the storm by a tiled canopy. You sat on it and brought you legs closer to your face to gather your body's warmth in one place. Even though you were soaked from head to toe, your health was not the thing that worried you the most at the moment... he was. The little devil in your head started to construct a pile of all the bad things the Lord had done in his life, from the little lies he made up so people would pity him as a child and he would get money -being, partially, how he had gained his current status-, to the brothel he had created... How could you be fond of this man? If he even was one... The demon in your head started to disappear as one thought became clearer than the early morning mist that composed the rest of them. Everything he ever did was for you. You were the reason he had lied to the people on court so many times, the reason he invested in a brothel, the reason he wanted so much money... it was all for you.

Never had King's Landing appeared sadder since you arrived. Curtains and shutters were closed, not a single being was roaming down the streets of the capital; no light shone a glimpse of hope in the disheartening city. You would be leaving soon, Petyr and you thought that your destination would be Flowerys, a town shut from the rest of the world and where only rich people could afford to live. It would be the start of a new life with Petyr, You and nobody else; two strangers surrounded by unknown faces. This thought brought a smile to your face and you instently felt regret for leaving him like this. You stood up and a bright flare of determination flashed through you; you will apologise to him and be the helping hand he needed to accomplish -not only his- but your future too. You will tell him that you don't want to fight anymore; but most importantly, you will tell him that you love him. Oddly enough, you didn't share your feeelings towards him as often as you thought you should, but, as you had to hide your relationship, it had became an habit of his -but mostly yours- to completely detach yourself from him, or at least for most of the day. You neared the street the brothel was located in and faintly heard a grinding that resembled as the one made by a sword being unsheathed, and stentorian voices who indicated someone to obey.

"Do you know who you have your filthy hands on?" No doubt, it was Petyr's voice. You rushed to the corner of a house which you hid behind and peeked to see your lover being dragged by two Golden knights... Cersei's knights.

"Petyr Baelish. We know exactly who he have our hands on..." The Mountain said as his hold got tighter around the Lord's arm, making him whimper in pain. You saw the look of distress in his eyes as his beautiful azure orbs captured your gaze. Even though you knew how stupid it would be to leave your hiding spot and run to him, that is exactly what you did. After all, what were the chances they had found out about the money? It surely was a mistake, yes it must have been one... Your lie started to lose its place in the segment of your mind that treated truth and reality when someone wrapped one of their arms around your waist and snaked the other around your body to cover your mouth with a cloth while whispering in your ear: