Prologue

Prologue.

Allison's POV.

"Hey, sweetheart. Feeling any better?" Dad asked as he stroked my hair gently while I wrapped my arms around my stomach, shaking my head. "Do you want to head to the hospital?"

I shook my head a second time, feeling a sharp pain in my back going up and down my back.

"I'll be fine, Dad. Probably just girl stuff." I insisted as he nodded, stroking my hair again and kissed my forehead before heading downstairs.

I stood up to grab the Advil when I almost threw up from the sheer pain in my stomach and the dizziness that suddenly emerged.

I grabbed my nightstand to steady myself till the dizzy spell passed and I felt wetness on my pants. I assumed my pad wasn't strong enough, and that I leaked through, so instead of taking the Advil, I went into the bathroom and started a bath to help my killer cramps as well as clean myself off.

I stripped my clothes off before slowly climbing into the bath tub, relaxing against the edge and closing my eyes as I felt very minimal relief, before someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, sitting back up as I heard my father speak.

"It's just me, Sweetheart. Just checking on you before I head out."

"OK, thanks, Dad. Don't come in, I'm in the tub." I warned, concealing the pain that tried to come into my voice. "Where are you going?"

"I have to help Derek with something. He didn't give any details, but I'll probably be home at five ish."

"OK. Bye Dad." I told him through the door.

"Bye sweetheart." He replied before I heard him walk away and down to the elevator.

I relaxed again in the bathtub before getting a large burst of pain in my stomach, making me jerk up, almost throwing up again from the sheer pain, before I looked down, to see the bath water was tinted red.

I had never bled this much, which made me panic as I tried to get up, only to feel another burst of pain, making me scream as I threw my head back, almost hitting the tub with my head, as my breathing became labored, and I had the sudden urge to use the bathroom.

As soon as the next wave of pain passed, I got out of the tub and sat on the open toilet seat, before immediately started trying to poop.

Whenever I pushed, I ended up having to quit to breathe, and it felt much bigger then poop, for sure, but I hope this is what was causing my pain, then it had to get out.

I was sitting on that toilet, fully naked, pushing whatever it was out, for who knows how long, since I was in so much pain, it all blurred together for me, before I finally felt whatever it was fall in the toilet, before I felt something slightly painful quickly pass a few minutes later, and after waiting, I felt nothing.

I got up, and looked down, covering my mouth as tears filled my eyes.

It was a baby girl.

I quickly pulled it out of the toilet, and wrapped it in my towel, before hitting the bottoms of its feet, hearing it take in a deep breath then letting out a very loud cry.

I cleaned her off with the towel very gently, not wanting to hurt her, before starting to think.

'I wasn't with Isaac nine months ago, or even eight, and the baby looks very developed, so it would at the earliest be a month premature, which only means...oh god. This is Scott's daughter.'

I realized as I looked down at her, seeing Scott's hair and my nose, not even knowing who's eyes she had or skin tone since she was bright red in the face.

"Shh, it's OK. You're OK. Mama's here." I whispered, holding her close to my chest before remembering there hadn't been a baby Argent in 18 years, and I didn't have anything to put her in, not to mention I just had a kid, and shouldn't be shopping, let alone walking.

I grabbed the knife my dad kept in the mirror and the sterilizing wipes, wiping the knife down, and the shoelace I had, tying it securely around the umbilical cord, before putting the disposable gloves on my hands, and cutting the cord, making her scream again as I put the placenta and cord in a grocery bag that was in the bathroom, before grabbing my cell phone.

"Hey, Deaton? I need a favor."