Chapter 12

Kira's POV.

I was scrolling through my computer, mainly news feeds, before I fell asleep, as it was already midnight on a Wednesday, when I came across a article and the caption caused my heart to get caught in my throat.

"Infant is taken from home in Beacon Hills, California."

Swallowing harshly, knowing it could very well be coincidence, I clicked on the full article with a sickly feeling in my stomach, but as I scrolled down, it got MUCH worse, which lead me to slam the laptop shut, changing quickly out of my pajamas, before opening my window, feeling the cool spring air hit my body as I climbed out onto the roof, shutting the window behind me and running as fast as possible to my boyfriend's house.

Scott's POV.

I felt several people try to calm me down, asking me questions, but blood was rushing so fast through my ears that I couldn't hear anything, until I heard a clear, calm, female voice say my name.

Kira.

She started asking what was going on, if I was I OK, and what she could do, but I was completely unable to respond, as all my focus was on not crying in front of all these people who showed up to the crime scene, and I couldn't just cry. I can't break down anymore.

Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and a whisper from my girlfriend that finally made me let go.

"It'll work out, it always does."

"I-I can't l-lose her." I chocked out, tears running down my face. "S-she's all I-I have left o-of her."