Raid

"Who are you?"

Yona's hood covered her hair and most of her face as she placed a hand on her hip, glaring at the villagers with contempt in her violet eyes. Ezra stood on her right, nimbly twirling a shuriken in one hand and grasping a dagger in the other. Next to Ezra were Kija and Jaeha. Kija showed off his enlarged dragon claw with a terrifying expression on his handsome face while Jaeha smirked in triumph. On Yona's left, Hak wore a straw hat that covered most of his face (but left his haughty grin visible). Beside him stood Shinah, stiffly gripping the handle of his sheathed sword, and Zeno, who sat waving at the villagers with a large, goofy smile on his face. Behind the group, Yun glared at his companions with all his might, wondering how, exactly, they'd become a bunch of bandits.

"We are the fierce Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch!" Yona announced loudly. Ezra struggled not to roll her eyes at the name. "From now on, all the villages in this area are a part of our territory! If you don't want to die, you'll do as we say!"

Confused murmurs swept through the gathered villagers as Ezra suppressed an amused grin, wondering if Yona was enjoying her role a little too much.

"Bring out every child in this village!" Yona shouted.

"What do you want with our children?" one of the women gasped, hugging her son to her chest.

Yona strode up to her, her violet eyes dark. "Here's some candy! We'll get rid of anyone who refuses it!"

With wide eyes filled with confusion, the woman slowly took the offered candy and backed away from the short, red-haired girl.

Yona tossed a bag of money onto the ground in front of an elderly man.

He stared at the object. "A-are these the taxes the officers took...?"

Yona glared at him. "If you don't want to get hurt," she threatened, "you'll put it away in a chest!"

Ezra had trouble containing her chuckles at the bewilderment on the villagers' faces. After they were done "pillaging" the village, Ezra and Yona gathered the others on the outskirts of town.

"Which village will we go to next?" Yona asked Yun.

"The officers are supposed to go to Shuu Village, too," the strawberry blonde answered.

"Is that far?" Hak asked.

Ezra put a hand to her chin in thought. "A little."

"What should we do?" Yun wondered. "Officers might return to Katan Village, too." Katan Village was the one they'd defended yesterday and the place they'd started their lives as bandits.

Ezra grinned to herself. It had been the beginning of something wonderful. Ezra was enjoying being a bandit much more than she probably should.

"I can go guard Katan Village," Jaeha offered.

"That'd be a big help," Yun sighed with relief. He turned to Yona. "Yona, you should wait here."

Yona glanced up from playing with Ao. "Huh?"

"The next village is far," Yun told her. "And we don't know if officers will come. The Thunder Beast and Kija will be enough of a fighting force to send there."

"Zeno will stay with the miss!" Zeno announced.

Kija grabbed the Ouryuu's shoulder in a vice grip. "You think you can run around in the middle of a battle? You are coming with me. I will show you how to fight like one of the dragons."

"I'll stay with Yona," Ezra offered.

Yun glanced at Shinah. "You, too, Seiryu." Shinah nodded in response.