1- He's dreaming

{Songs I recommend to listen to whilst reading: "She's Dreaming"by Exo and "Colors" by Halsey~}

Finally the sun shined this morning, after what seemed like a decade of nothing but rain. The sunlight twinkled yellows across the pavement surrounding him; it was a lovely day; and felt almost too beautiful to last.

Donghyuck trailed along the path to school, admiring the warming heat of the fresh summer air. The weather was radiant, and it distracted those to forget that the previously miserable Spring ended just yesterday- or so it seemed, Donghyuck had thought to himself.

Despite the nice weather, Donghyuck still made sure to carry his umbrella with him, he was always too suspicious of what the weather could spontaneously bring forth, even if his best friend Jisung would show how he couldn't wait for the start of summer and told him "I know it's definitely gonna be sunny tomorrow".

The auburn haired boy reached the school premises and soon climbed the stairs to his classroom, walking in seeing Jisung and other familiar class faces, others whom he didn't bother to recognise.

"Morning Hyuckieeee~ I can see that you're looking a bit more happier today huh." Jisung said smirking up at Donghyuck, who instantly read his best friends face, who seemed more cheerful possibly due to the relieving summer weather.

"It's a good day today. Can't I be Jisung?" he quickly said, rudely replying back at him, as Donghyuck sat down in his seat.

"Well today's the annual sports day, so thank god it's a sunny day..." Jisung stopped for a moment to look Donghyuck in the eye, he got up, and stood tall on his feet, pompously raising his head above his to what he was about to say.

"Hey see? Told you it'd be sunny today-this is why you should trust my intuition. I had an inner feeling that it would be sunny today, and guess what? It was." Jisung said as he smugly smiled over at Donghyuck.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes in response.

"Guess you're as stupid as your 'intuition'." He said sarcastically gesturing the word with his fingers as speech marks. And Jisung blew a raspberry right back at him.

"Besides, it was raining buckets just two days ago remember? Although you know I wouldn't trust it to last. I hope something interesting happens today."

"Yup me too, I hope today's fun." Jisung answered as the homeroom teacher, Mr. Lee Soo Man walked in.

"Okay class! let's start home room today just before we begin the sports event for the day, lets do the register."

As he finished the register, Donghyuck felt randomly cheerful, possibly it was for the sports events that were just about to take place, although he didn't really particularly enjoy P.E that much-but he wasn't entirely sure what he felt, but he felt happy for whatever was to come today.

"Class representative, Mark Lee, please inform everyone about the list of activities for the Sports day schedule to be held today"

As he walked up, Donghyuck gleefully smiled to himself, unknowingly, at the figure that stood at the front of the class.

Mark Lee: the boy who moved into Korea only about a year and a half ago, who spoke Korean very fluently, despite being new to living here, fit in surprising well with the class and seemed to somehow be exceedingly great at everything. The boy with top grades, nice to everyone, not very loud, but a part of a close group of friends, was great at sports, and who also became class representative from his experience from being one when he lived in Canada, over at Vancouver. 

Although for some reason Mark seemed to always change the colour of his hair every few weeks, almost like he wanted to try out a random colour every other week to know what it felt to be a different shade of rainbow, or at least that's what Donghyuck's reasoning led to.

He seemed too perfect to be real, and that was impossible, Donghyuk thought, and although he knew it couldn't be true he did have a feeling that maybe there was chance for Mark to be able to be the only perfect human being to exist.

Mark cleared his throat to begin,

"Okay uh, well first we're all going to separate into two groups: Groups A and B. Obviously you'll find out soon which group you're in soon after I'm done speaking. Group A will start with the Shot putt against Class 2C2 and Group B will start with javelin throwing, against class 2C3. The other activities will be organised dependent on the outcome of each event, on who wins or loses. Those who win, carry on till the end. Don't forget the running race for everyone in our year at the end of the day, that everyone will take part in. Okay, let me read out the list of people for the respective groups they're in."

He paused, and pulled a piece of paper near him and began reading what was written on it. As Donghyuck started to listen to the names he read out, he only 'heard' the names he at least bothered to have cared about or was awake enough to listen for.

"Group A: ......, Me, ......., Jisung, ......., Jeno, Yeri, ......., ......., and Hina."

Donghyuck and Jisung glanced at each other, disappointed about the fact that they weren't on the same group.

"Okay now, in Group B are: Koeun, ......, ......., Renjun, D...Donghyuck..?"

Mark, slightly clueless to who the name belonged to, looked around the class, attempting to find the person he called out. Mark glimpsed over at Donghyuck, and he looked back, both instantly locked in each other's eyes for a brief moment.

"Oh right...aha sorry, needed a moment. Okay continuing... Jaemin, ......., ......., and Yiyang. I should've mentioned everyone, okay I hope we'll have a fun time and from that, let's start the activities for the sports day~" Mark said as he smiled and finished his little speech as class representative.

And right after that, the school's annual sports day had started.

Lol I hope y'all enjoyed that for now~ Tbh this is my first story/fanfic that I'm posting online. I already have an entire plan for all the chapters to come, and Ch.2 is almost done. 

[Btw to those that might have noticed, yes there is a reference to "She's Dreaming" by Exo ;D          If you understand the meaning of the song, then you'll know why I thought it would be fitting for this chapter/the start of the story hehe.]

I hope you guys enjoyed this and add this to your reading list to get notified for the next chapters~ XD