4- Crush.

{Lol just listen to the same songs as the last chapter, you get the same vibes~}                                      {Songs I recommend to listen to whilst reading: "Once Again" by NCT 127, "COLORS" by Halsey, or "WILD" by Troye Sivan~}

The sun was still out and shining as Donghyuck and Mark continued walking with each other, side by side, hands held together "by an umbrella".

It was a beautiful day, and felt almost too lovely to last.

"Uh I want to ask you something.." Mark asked, as he looked down, trying to avoid eye contact out of nervousness. "Is that.. okay..?"

"Uh. Yeah sure." Donghyuck said cave-manly, attempting to sound kind of lazy and not that concerned or thinking too much about the situation, and still trying to act cool in front of his crush.

Which obviously was not the case at all.

"Jaehyun suggested it but he said it would be best for me to ask since I should know you," He paused to take a moment, "so... would you like to join the athletics club?" Mark asked.

It took a few seconds to sink in....

"The athletics club?!?" Donghyuck replied, both confused and dumbfounded.

"As in SPORTS!?"

"Um..yeah...Of course.." Mark said undoubtedly. 

But the thing was, Donghyuck was possibly the laziest person he knew (which wasn't many to be honest), and the sheer idea of doing sports and taking part in an athletics club completely baffled him.

And what made it even more surprising for Donghyuck, was that it was Mark who had asked him to join.

"But...why me..? Why would you ask me to join? Why not Jeno or Jaemin?" Donghyuck questioned curiously.

"Well Jaehyun mentioned it after he saw you in the race, as he saw you overtake all those people." Mark said. " 'Natural talent' he said." he explained, gesturing the word in inverted commas with his fingers on one hand, the one not holding the umbrella. "Jaehyun also said we have to have you on our team, or we're missing out on a great opportunity... or something like that" Mark added.

"So what do you think?" Donghyuck this time asked Mark, he didn't really care about what Jaehyun had thought really.

"Uh well.... I mean....you were really good at the race.." Mark mentioned. "And you also managed to overtake me, a member of the athletics club. So I do think you're really good. So why not..?"

Donghyuck stopped for a while to silently think, until he had made a decision.

"Okay, sure. I'll join to see if I'm really good enough, ahaha. I just was wondering what you thought, that's all." Donghyuck said, as he noticed he was losing his composure again. "So when can I start?"

"Well training days are Wednesdays and Fridays, but since we had the sports day today on a Friday, we cancelled training for today, so you can probably just come next Wednesday."

"Ah okay, I'll probably just go then, next Wednesday, to see what it's like." Donghyuck said.

"Well um, this is my way to go.." Mark pointed the other direction towards his house. "I'll see you next Monday..right..?" He looked up at Donghyuck as if he hoped to see him again.

"Uh yeah..you probably will.." Donghyuck replied, loosening his grip on Mark's hand on the umbrella.

"Okay, see ya" Mark said as his hand let go of Donghyuck's.