The girl

Syra walked into her reading class, hitching her backpack higher onto her one shoulder. She rubbed her lips together, feeling the smooth glide from the recent gloss she applied. She nodded her head at her teacher, Mr. Reynolds, and took her seat in the class. She slumped down and rolled her eyes as one of her least favorite class members, Brandon, walked in. "Oh look, its the dyke. Here for another day of feeling stupid?" his friends laughed. He was tall-ish, with brown hair that swept across his forehead and a pudgy stomach. He was okay looking. "Oh shove off, dumb ass. You use the same insult every day. Care to use your pea sized brain for something that might actually make sense for once in your life?" Leann Howell sneered, shoving Brandon out of her way. He stumbled, but the caught the edge of the desk before he could fall. Syra sighed, disappointed, hoping he would fall. She gave Leann a soft smile, though, giving her a silent thanks for sticking up for her. Leann tipped an imaginary hat at her, causing Syra to left out a small laugh, shaking her head. 

"Alright class, settle down, settle down!" Mr. Reynolds called, causing everyone to turn and look at him. Syra glanced up from her phone and shoved it in her shorts pocket. "As you know, Ive been talking about a project. Well, now I know what it is going to be. You have to partner up, I will assign them, and then you will have to spend as much time with them as possible. One of the partners will videotape the experiences and then each of you will write a 2 page essay on your partner. Due to the fact that it is all of you guys last year here, Ill be combining tidbits of the videos and it will be shown at the end of the school year, which is when the project is due."

It was May now, which meant the project would be due by the end of the month. Syra zoned out as he listed off the partners, but straightened up when she heard her name being called. 

"Syra Chichester and Leann Howell."

Syra visibly sagged in relief as she was partnered with someone she actually liked, and liked her back.

She might make it through this school year after all.

*Shittiest and shortest chapter EVER! But i promise itll get better. I hope. Whoo, hope you like it Syra. Love you girly, Pic to the side is *me* aka Leann Howell Aka its not me but I dont want to post a selfie whoops*