The boy

Saturday. The weekend. The time to sleep in till 12 and eat pizza all- "SYRA JANET CHICHESTER GET YOUR BUTT UP!" Someone pummeled into Syras room, slamming the door open. "Get up, lady, There is a girl that goes by the name of Leann waiting outside for you and you were supposed to be up two hours ago!" 

Syra groaned, sliding off her bed and landing on her floor. "What time is it?" She asked, voice muffled by the soft purple carpeting of her floor. 

"Its one in the afternoon. Now up!" Her dads fiance, Jess, slammed the door. Syra liked Jess, when she was nice, but dont all kids only like their parents when their nice? She pushed herself off the carpet and yawned, stretching. She scratched the top of her fiery red hair and stood up. She heard rain pounding on the window and groaned again, slinking slowly over to her closet. She pulled out an oversized black sweatshirt that read 'dont talk to me' in bold white lettering. She tugged on a pair of skinny jeans she found on the ground and flipped her hair over her shoulder. She applied a thin coat of mascara on, and then added her winged eyeliner.

Syra tugged on a beanie before she left, camera bag slung over her shoulder. "Bye dad, I'm going to hang out with Leann!" She called as she grabbed two bananas before racing out the door. She smiled, flustered, at Leann, and she smiled back. "Y'ello." Leann greeted, dragging Syra over to  red van. "I thought my mom could just drop us off at the plaza, ya know the publix one right by here, and then we could just hang out till whenever, maybe see a movie." Syra nodded along with her, handing her a banana as she walked. Leann accepted it gratefully.

"Anyway, my mom was busy but i like begged her hardcore but she was all like 'no Leann ask youR dad' so I asked my dad and he was all like 'No ask your brother' and so finally," Leann took a deep breath. Man, she could talk. "And so I asked my brother and finally he said yes so here we are!" Leann peeled her banana, taking a bite and chewing happily. She pulled the door handle, causing the door to slide open, before jumping in.

"Alrighty mighty. Syra, this is Dan. Daniel, this is Syra. Meet, greet, and when you drop us off, leave." Leann buckled her seatbelt. 

Syras breakth caught in her throat as the person behind the steering wheel turned around. "Hello." he greeted, his accent slightly thick, just as Leanns. She was met by brown eyes, connected to a small face. Connected to that was soft looking brown hair that swept across his forehead, a few strands falling into said eyes. He was gorgeous, to put it lightly. 

"Hey, Syra, youre drooling." Leann snorted, not even looking over as Syra snapped back in her seat. Dan threw his head back and laughed, loud and warm and long and soft and Syra wished he would never stop because damn if it wasnt making her feel warm and sweet inside. He turned back around and started the car, pulling out.

They were on their way to the plaza, and Syra was having more fun in those five minutes then she had in her whole school year. Leann and her had compromised a plan, since, with Dan blasting the music so loud, it was hard for them to be heard. Syra pulled out her camera, draping the strap around her neck, and began recording. She pointed it at Dan and nodded to Leann. Leann leaned forward in her seat, beginning to flick Dan periodically in the back of the head. Finally, Dan slammed on the brakes, causing Syra to lurch forward and her seatbelt to cut painfully across her stomach. But she was laughing too hard at the look on his face to even care. 

"Did you- did you see his face?!" Leann howled in between laughter, clutching her stomach. If it wasnt for the seat belt, she would have fallen off the seat. Dans enraged face was played back on Syras camera for the rest of the ride.