Chapter 18.

Deirdre's POV

I don't know how we got to the car looking like nothing happened. Though our eyes were puffy. And I was so sure Kris would be really worried and he'd ask questions. So uunahan ko na siya.

"Later, we'll talk, just.. Just not now. Let's take Shae to the hotel first. She needs to rest"

I heard him sigh. But he didn't say anything after that. He just drove back to the hotel. Shae remained quiet. She was still wearing a very sad face. And that broke my heart. How did it become like this? I was so sure he was the one. He was... no, HE IS the father of Shae. Bakit ko pa kailangang paabutin pa sa pagpapaDNA test kung alam ko namang kasinungalingan lang hindi ba? Dba dapat natatakot na ko kasi mismo ako nagdeclare na siya nga ang ama ni Shae? Really, I don't understand what is happening anymore. I'm hurt because of what is happening and because my daughter is affected by this. I'm hurt because I didn't expect Myungsoo to be like that. To be as cold and cruel. Shae is a kid! She's still so young to experience these kind of situations. I think, this is also my fault. I shouldn't have brought her to Korea.

When we reached the hotel, Shae was already asleep. Kris being there, of course he lifted Shae and you know the rest.

Soon as he tucked Shae into bed, he went straight to the living room. I prepared a bottle of red wine and two glasses. I think I really need a drink.

"No drinking Deir."

"I will drink if I want to, when I want to"

"No, we will talk, without the wine"

"Okay fine. Magtanong ka. Sasagutin ko. Hindi ko kasi alam kung saan ko sisimulan ang kwento"

"How did you know it was him?"

"I remembered his face suddenly after he told me that it was him whom I left at the hotel" I was playing with my glass wine which I filled earlier with wine of course.

"Does Tita know about this?"

"Yes."

"What happened earlier? Why were the both of you crying? Did he hurt you? Did he hurt Drae?"

"Physically, no. Emotionally, yes"

"For fck's sake! Ayusin mo naman mga sagot mo Deir."

"Maayos naman ah! Please Kris, wag ka namang dumagdag sa sakit."

He sighed. "I want to help you Deir. What happened?"

So in the end, I still told him what happened earlier at the dorm. I swear I could see fire in his eyes. And his veins on his forehead were showing. Galit na siya. I've seen him angry. But this is the first time that he's not saying a thing. Nanahimik lang siya.

"Forget about him. You don't need him."

"I ne-- Shae needs him. He's the real father. I want to prove it. But I don't know how. I want Shae to be happy. She believes that Myungsoo is her Daddy. I can't.. /sobs" Naiyak na ko ng sobra sobra. Nasasaktan ako. Ang sakit makitang ginanun ang anak ko ng sarili niyang ama, ang sakit na ipagtabuyan ng ganun. I didn't understand why I was hurt so bad. I was hurt to see him looking at me with distant eyes. His eyes were filled with sparks and love when he was gazing at me or Shae the last week we've seen each other. Just because of the DNA test, saka magiging ganon?! And alam kong ang labo ko na. Hindi ko na kasi maintindihan e. Masakit kaya. Try nyo.

Kris went to sit beside me on the sofa. And then, like he always did, he hugged me.

"Stop crying. You'll get through this. Drae is a tough girl, like you. We'll get through this. I'll be here"