chapter one

word count: 2446The Beginning

  word count: 2446

The Beginning

⋆  

Arden groaned as she heard three knocks on her bedroom door. She slowly rolled over onto her stomach and buried her face in her pillow.

"Five more minutes!" She groaned. She heard the door creak open and groaned into her pillow again.

There was a small chuckle, "Arden you know you need to get up," a low voice sighed. Arden stayed still, hoping that she could stay in bed if she pretended to fall asleep again. The person who was in her room sighed and gently nudged her shoulder to try and wake her up, but she remained motionless. "Come on Arden, you do this every year," the voice whined.

They gently pushed her, so that she rolled onto her back. Arden then let her tongue hang out of her mouth, pretending to be dead. The person laughed, "Arden this doesn't work on me-"

"I'm sorry, this is the end for me..." Arden spoke in a shaken voice, limiting her breaths.

"Arden I used to use this on you-"

"I bequeath to you all of my earthly possessions. Spread my ashes over my bed." The person then began to violently shake her body in order to get Arden to snap out of her behaviour. Arden shot up and glared up at the person who woke her up. "Alright Ced! I'm up!" She whined.

Her older brother, Cedric, laughed at his little sister's childish ways and began leaving her room. "Come on! You know we've got to go," he urged. Arden rubber her eyes and looked out the window, mentally cursing herself as she saw the sun already high up in the sky. She ran her fingers through her curly hair as she shuffled out of her room, glaring at the bright lights in the hallway.

Cedric rolled his eyes at his younger sister and tossed a green apple to her, "here, we don't have much time."

Arden cringed, "I hate green apples," she grimaced. Cedric ignored his sister and began dragging his trunk out to the front door. Arden took a bite out of the apple and tried not to focus on the tart taste. She quickly got changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater Mrs Weasley knitted for her last Christmas, and began moving her trunk out of the house.

"Arden! You'll scratch the floorboards if you don't pick it up!" Arden's father snapped. The young girl huffed in frustration as she tried to lift her trunk off the ground, but couldn't walk more than a metre without dropping it again. Cedric grabbed the handle of his sister's trunk, and carried it along with his own out the door.

"Just wait a few more minutes and it would have been done myself," Arden sighed.

Cedric smiled and shook his head, not believing a word his sister spoke, "you do love to make jokes don't you?" Arden didn't respond, as she was too busy following her father towards the Portkey that would take them directly to Kings Cross Station. The three held on tightly to the manky old boot at the top of the hill behind their house and counted to three. In an instant, the three were spinning in the air, being transported to their destination. Arden couldn't help but laugh at the spinning sensation, triggering memories of Harry's first time travelling by Portkey to the Quidditch World Cup.