[ text/scenario: mark ]

here's a little one for the birthday boy

you: good morning baby, happy birthday!

mark: morning jagi, thank youuuuuuu <3

you: i miss you :) what are your plans for today?

mark: i miss you too <3

mark: the usual, dance practice for the dream's comeback, i have a meeting with a producer too oh and an sum cafe event in the evening

you: :( ridiculous!!!!! they make u work so much even on your birthday :(((((( take care mark dont push yourself too much

mark: :) its okay dont worry about me i am strong ;)

you: my fully capable mark lee

mark: only yours

you: i cant believe i'll be seeing you again in like a week

mark: I KNOW IM SO EXCITED i cant wait to see you!

mark: i also told the company to give some days off to go pick you up from the airport and bring u around seoul

you: SM must hate me then but aw thank you mark you didnt have to

mark: of course i had to, my girlfriend is visiting me <3 i wanted to <3

you: <3

mark: okay baby i'll facetime u tonight ok i have to go now :(

you: okay sure! have a good dat at work! happy birthday again!!!!!!! i love you <3

mark: i love love love love you too my pumpkin <3

*

haechan's pov

'jeno-ah did u remember to get the cake for the loser's birthday??????' i quickly confirmed with jeno and was about to finish the decorations for hyung's surprise birthday party.

'yes i did hyung! dont worry! its his favourite too, strawberry shortcake!'

everybody has been super anxious about tthis surprise party. even though we all did celebrate it this afternoon with all the nct members, this evening, its different. we have a special guest. i had to make it perfect for my hyung. nothing must go wrong.

'hyung hyung, how old is mark hyung turning this year???? how many candles do i have to put????' chenle popped his head through the door.

'he's nineteen this year chenle-ah u stupid'

'so i have to put nineteen candles??????'

'wtf chenle??? one is enough'

'o-o-one????? PARK JISUNG MISSION ABORT'

sigh the hardships of taking care the younger kids, is this how taeyong hyung feel everyday? and mark hyung?

mark's pov

'okay the chorus part was pretty good! keep it up and we can wrap this up in 2 days! good job mark!'

ah i did well today, even producer-nim thought so. suddenly my phone vibrated in my jeans as i was about to pack up my stuff, funny, renjun never calls me.

'hyung! hyung! we are in so much trouble, i think jisung broke his leg while we were having a dance battle in the living room, can u come back asap, we dont know what to do'

WHAT JISUNG BROKE HIS LEG???? wtf should i do oh my god

'calm down, tell the others to calm down and make sure jisung doesn't move around too much, this is an order, i'll come back now!

'okay hyung, please come back soon'

i quickly shoved all my stuff into my duffle bag and ran out off the building and towards the dorms.

how could they have been so careless?

jaemin already has got his back problems, i dont want another member of mine to get hurt.

after like 10 minutes of sprinting, i arrived at the nct dream dorms.

funny how they didn't turn on the lights as its already dark outside.

as i turned my key and stepped into the dorm,

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK'

what the actual-

jisung is standing perfectly fine whilst holding a cake

'guys what the heck i ran 5 blocks worrying about jisung and he's perfectly fine???????'

'sorry hyung but it was the only way we could think of to get you to come home faster heh heh heh' jeno confessed

'happy birthday hyung, quick, make a wish and blow the candles'

i quickly made my wish and blew out the candles.

'lol why are there so many holes on the cake???'

'heh thats not the point, i'll go cut the cake now!' chenle quickly brought the holey cake away from mark.

'hyung, our present to you is in your room, quickly go get it' haechan urged and pushed me towards my room.

'aw you guys didn't have to get me anything'

'rubbish, you'll take that back once you see what it is'

'okay hyung brace youself, you'll never believe it'

my door flung wide open, and i couldn't believe my eyes.

'happy birthday mark!'

'y/n???????'

*
happy mark dayyyyyyyyy, our baby is now one year older :) i hope everything goes well for our mark and of course, his health is priority and he continues to do what he loves for him and his members <3

hope y'all mark stans or nctzens in general liked this chapter, i was rushing to get this up before his birthday ends so it was kinda crappy.

have a good day <3