39- He's The One.

Tris pov

My brain is overloaded on all the school I have missed.

I'm failing almost all my classes and I can't seem to grasp the concept of anything school related. All I can think about is the fact that my mother is dead because of me and how exhausted I am.

I've been getting no sleep thanks to nightmares that just haunt my mind, and the fact that every time I blink all I see my mom laying on the floor, dead.

Because of me.

"Tris?" Tobias waves his hand in front of my face.

"What, oh sorry." I blush looking back at the textbook that sits in my lap.

"It's alright," He holds my hand.

I look up and see him smiling at me and I can't seem to smile back, I want too but it's like my face won't let me.

"Do you remember what we were talking about?" He asks and I shake my head, embarrassed, my cheeks getting redder and hotter by the second.

"It's okay, we where here." He points to the math problem in my textbook and I look at it, trying to grasp how to do it.

I try hard, I really do but I can't seem to figure it out.

I sigh, running a hand through my short hair. "I don't know," I shake my head.

"That's alright, why don't we take a break." He takes the textbook and closes it, setting it on his desk.

I put my hands over my face and lay back. That was a bad idea, my mothers face pops into my head and I instantly take my hands off my face looking at the ceiling.

"Hey, it's okay, you'll get it." Tobias rubs my knee, looking back at me.

"Yeah, I know it's just..." I shake my head.

"Hey," he lays next to me, using his arm to hold his up. I turn towards him and stare into his blue orbs.

Damn. How did I get so lucky?

"I know that your not focus," he starts, rubbing my arm. "But, your going to get there. This is just a bump in the road and I'm going to be with you every step of the way." He gives me a full genuine smile and I sit up giving him a hug with tears in my eyes.

We both don't say anything, we just hold each other in each other embrace, and from him saying that it's like I've been slapped in the face.

He's the one.

He's always there for me no matter what is going on. He's always okay with dealing with me and my issues. He's always so supportive and doesn't seem to care about how high matianice I am and that makes me smile, every time I think about him it puts a smile on my face because he's the one, the one I want to spend my entire life with. The one I always feel safe with and never want to let go.

************

"Let's do something,"

"I'm not in the mood Tobias." I say flipping the page in my book.

"Well you never are anymore and we need to get you out." He says spinning in his desk chair.

"Why can't I just read my book?" I ask, sighing.

"You've been reading that book for an hour and half Tris." He stops spinning, looking at me.

"It's a good book."

"I don't care, come on we can call the gang and we could go to the diner." He suggest and I shake my head. To many memories at that stupid diner.

"No," I snap.