Cat

A few years back Shinichi adopted a cat with fur whiter than snow and eyes bluer than the ocean and named him Kaito for no reason except that he liked the name and thought it was fitting for him. Then, of course, he couldn't imagine that he would date a guy named Kaito, let alone a guy in the first place, that just happened to be a certain phantom thief dressed in white and had blue eyes. It was quite funny when they first started dating, the name and the similarities between his cat and his boyfriend leading to many awkward situation both between them as well with friends and the public - he doubted he would ever live that interview where he got confused by which of the two the interviewer meant down. That wasn't going to happen anywhere soon; he made a fool of himself on national television because of it.

Fact was that he needed to change his baby's name, so that there are the least possible misunderstandings in their life, now that Kaito (the human) were going to get married and it is almost certain that both he and Kaito and their romance would outlive their cat. And while he certainly didn't just want to change the boy's name, his sweety has gone under that name for years after all, he more or less had to if he wanyed to prevent people thinking that Kaito and he were freaky bastards (which they by all means were).

"So, what do you think about Shiro?"

"No, he clearly looks like a Denis."