chapter 12

September 24th 2016

John's POV:

*Ding*

I tried to ignore the annoying ass sound of my phone receiving a text message.

*Ding*

Ignore.

*Ding* *Ding*

Damnit, why am I such a light sleeper?

I opened my weary eyes as I reached for my phone. Who the fuck is texting me so early? It's only.... oh, it's 1:15pm. I glance down the screen to see that I have 4 text messages from my group chat with the Schuyler sisters.

-----Text Messages-----
The Sisters

AndPeggles
ALRIGHT JOHN YOU BETTER EXPLAIN WHAT THAT KISS WAS ALL ABOUT LAST NIGHT.

AndPeggles
WE ALL KNOW THERES SOMETHING GOING ON WITH YOU AND ALEX.

AndPeggles
SO BITCH, YOU BETTER FUCKING SPILL.

Helpless
Language, Peggy. And don't forget to say please.

TurtlesInThePlaceToBe
Calm it Peggs. So yeah, maybe there is a little something more going on between me and Alex.

AndPeggles
S P I L L.

TurtlesInThePlaceToBe
We've been going out since Tuesday.

Unsatisfied
Aw, our little Johnny is growing up ❤️❤️

TurtlesInThePlaceToBe
Hey! Only Alex is allowed to call me Johnny.

AndPeggles
Whatever, Johnny.

-----

Eliza's POV:
Yeah, it hurt a little bit that John and Alex are going out. As soon as I set my eyes on Alex my first thought was 'This one's mine.', I mean, can you really blame me? He's just, so....perfect. During the first week we met, the week before classes started, I would relentlessly try to find things we had in common, I mean, I even found similarity in our sexuality since we're both bisexual, hoping these things could strengthen any chances we had of having a relationship. I guess I'm just like how Angelica describes herself. Unsatisfied.

Unknown POV:
"Hello, welcome to Columbia University, how may I help you?" The lady, who's name tag read 'Martha Washington', behind the information booth says, smiling kindly at me. Her smile alone made me feel welcome here.

"Hi, I've just moved here and was wondering where I could find my room? And also, I was wondering if I could find out the room number of another student here?" I reply, trying to erase any evidence of nerves from my voice.

"Of course, dear. Mr Washington mentioned something about your arrival to me. Here's your room key and a map of the campus." I thank her and she pauses for a moment as I scan the map to find my block, Miranda Block, on the map. This campus doesn't seem too confusing.
"Do you need any help finding your way to your dorm?"
"No thank you, Mrs Washington, but as I mentioned earlier, I was wondering if you could possibly tell me another students room number?"
"Oh yes, of course?" She turns on her chair to face her computer. "Who are you looking for?"
"Alexander Hamilton."

Silence fills the room as she types in his name and we wait for his information to load.
"Alexander is in room 46 in Miranda Block."
I smile a wide smile as I realise that my room is 45 in Miranda Block, right next to Alex's.
"Thank you so much for the help, Mrs Washington."
"Anytime, sweetie."