One

A/N: This is a bit of a departure for me-I've never written anyone else's storyline before (and I am extremely picky what I write) but BrawlerGamer just came up with the most amazing outline based on one of my favourite films and I couldn't resist. This is a real departure for me-though there is still Hiccstrid, don't worry! Anyway-enjoy!

.

One:

Life was almost perfect. That was the only conclusion Astrid Hofferson could make as she paused to check the progress of the move into their new home. Of course, Hiccup was in the middle of things, directing the transfer of his sculptures-completed and in progress-to the new studio in the top floor of the three storey townhouse they had bought in the heart of Berk City. Astrid was far more organised, practical and impatient but Hiccup couldn't stand back, worrying about his precious creations and racing forward to grasp an edge with his strong, sensitive hands before it impacted on the door-frame.

She smiled. He got very precious about his art-though, as a sculptor and artist he had every reason to want to ensure his unique pieces weren't damaged-but in everything else, he was easy-going and very relaxed. He paused, turning for a second to search her out and the moment his eyes alighted on her, he smiled, his emerald eyes shining with his love and shaggy auburn hair ruffled in the breeze. In a moment, he was bouncing down the front steps, his tall lean shape moving with purpose as he homed in on her, sweeping the unsuspecting Astrid into his arms. She squealed.

"What are you doing, you doofus?" she asked, half-amused and half-irritated, kicking half-heartedly. His warm arms were very comforting around her lithe shape, his face mere inches from hers.

"I realised that no one was moving in the most important item," her told her huskily, his emerald eyes inspecting her own azure gaze. His handsome face, with the sharp jaw and the adoring expression sent a flutter through her chest. He hefted her in his arms and turned to the house.

"Oh no, you are not carrying me in like a piece of furniture, babe..." she protested as their friends watched. Hiccup's cousin, Snotlout; his best friend Fishlegs and her closest friend Heather all stopped and burst out laughing at the sight of the feisty blonde complaining as her tall auburn boyfriend stopped on the threshold and pressed a tender kiss on her mouth, silencing her protests.

"I love you, Milady," he murmured, staring into her eyes. She smiled, her irritation melting away.

"Ditto," she smiled back.

"Ditto? Ditto? You may be a hotshot in the cutthroat world of finance, Milady, but you really suck at romance," he teased her, his eyes crinkling.

"Do not," she retorted playfully.

"Do too," he replied childishly, his smirk a real challenge. She whacked him with her fist and he yelped, overbalancing and falling backwards into their new home. "Owww....." he whined, though he had held her safe in his arms. She rolled over and stared down into his face, a hand ghosting along the sharp line of his jaw, darkened with a little scruffy stubble and her lips tilted in a smile. Her thick golden braid flopped over her left shoulder.

"Do not," she insisted, leaning close. "Not everyone is as demonstrative as you, sculptor boy!" He lay back, staring up into her eyes, his hands light on her waist.

"As long as you love me, Milady, I can cope with you never saying the words," he said in a resigned voice, the uncertainty in his voice making her pause. Her smile faltered: why did she find it so hard to express her feelings, to confess her love for him? Why did it matter so much to him to hear the worlds-and to her not to say them?

"I..." she began, seeing the hope and anxiety mingle in the glorious emerald gaze. But she softened the tension by kissing him fervently, feeling him respond with equal passion...until a voice pulled them back to reality.