day four ; books

Song: Stay the Same by Joey McIntyre

1959
Gordie LaChance

It started off like every other day. I woke up at eight in the morning, and I got ready to see her. I never gave her a name, although she seemed like a Nicole to me, I'm sure the chance of her name actually being Nicole was very slim.

I was at the shop, and unlike yesterday, she was here! I smiled as she drank her strawberry milkshake and chatted with Mario.

"Son, you look absolutely lovestruck. It's the same look I had on my face when I saw my husband," An old lady said from next to me, and I gave her an awkward smile. Did I love her? I couldn't, I haven't even met her.

"How long have you and your husband been together?" I asked the old women.

"Forty five years," She said giddily.

"Congratulations," I said, and I looked back at her. She now had a book open, and she looked like she was really into it.

"Sorry to be a bother, but if you want my advice, you should talk to her,"

"You think so?" I asked, and she looked at me confidently.

"I know,"

Carmen Patel

"Why weren't you here yesterday, Carmen?" Mario asked me, and I sipped my sweet milkshake.

"My parents were fighting yesterday, it was real bad, and it lasted the whole night. I got no sleep. I finally fell asleep around 6 in the morning, and I slept till four in the evening," I said sadly.

"You're parents don't fight a lot, do they?"

I shook my head, "Maybe once every two months,"

"It's really bad when it does happen though?"

"Yeah,"

"I'm sorry, Carmen," He said.

I shrugged, "It is what it is," I said while pulling out Lord of the Flies. It was a bit advanced for me, but I loved a good challenge.

***
this chapter is cute in my opinion

WITH MUCH LOVE,
-joeymcintyre