day eight ; chocolate milkshake

Song: Hey, Soul Sister by Train

1959
Carmen Patel

I've never had a chocolate or vanilla milkshake in my life. Well, I'm sure I have when I was really little, but from all I can remember, I've only had strawberry milkshakes.

I was walking towards the ice cream shop, like I do all the time, but today felt different.

I wanted to try a chocolate milkshake.

I know it sounded stupid, but milkshakes meant a lot to me.

I walked inside of Mario's ice cream shop, and I sat in my seat. Mario turned around, and smiled at me.

"Right on time, strawberry milkshake?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"Chocolate milkshake, please," I said, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Mixing it up a bit, aren't we?" He said.

"Yeah, and I'm scared. What if I don't like it?"

"If you don't like it, I'll give you a strawberry milkshake on the house," Mario said as he started to make my milkshake. I thanked Mario as I tapped nervously on the bar.

"So, how's that Gordie kid?" Mario asked.

I smiled just thinking about him, "He told me he liked me yesterday," I giggled, and Mario cheered.

"Did you tell him you like him too?" I nodded furiously.

"You guys would make a very cute couple," Mario said.

I jumped in my seat, "I know right!"

Mario handed me my chocolate milkshake, and I handed him a quarter and a nickel.

"Thanks, Mario," I said before I took a small sip of the milkshake.

It definitely tasted odd. I have gotten so used to the taste of strawberry milkshakes, I've actually forgotten what chocolate milkshakes taste like.

"So, how do you like it?"

"Get me my strawberry milkshake,"

Gordie LaChance

I was walking towards the ice cream shop to see Carmen. I was going to ask her out on a date, and I was more than nervous.

I excitedly walked down the street that Mario's shop was on, and I could see Carmen in the window. She was wearing the cutest pink dress with a pink ribbon in her hair. She looked absolutely marvellous.

I opened the door to the shop, and Carmen looked at me. I saw that she was sipping on a chocolate milkshake, which was completely unlike her.

"Carmen! You're drinking a chocolate milkshake!"

"Not anymore," Carmen said sweetly, and Mario laughed.

"It tastes weird," Carmen scrunched up her nose.

"How can it taste weird? It's chocolate!" I laughed, and she smiled at me.

I sat down next to her, and breathed deeply once I realised I would have to ask her out soon. I was excited, but I was also extremely nervous, I did not want to get rejected.

Mario gave Carmen her strawberry milkshake, and she thanked him. She happily sipped on her milkshake as Mario left to go help other customers.

"Listen, Carmen, I've got um, something to ask you," I said quietly.

Carmen furrowed her eyebrows, "Is there something wrong, Gordie?" Carmen asked, and I shook my head.

"No, no, nothing's wrong. It's just, I like you a lot, and I was wondering you maybe wanted to go on a date with me? Maybe go to the diner?" I uttered nervously.

Carmen's face lit up, "Gordie LaChance is asking me on a date! I can't believe it. I'd love to Gordie," She gushed.

I'm going on a date with Carmen Patel. This all didn't seem real. If you had told me a week ago that I was going to go on a date with her, I would've said you were insane for thinking that, but here I am.

***
oop that's the end (there's gonna be an epilogue don't worry I wouldn't let y'all not see my bbys together) also I'm gonna edit this soon to check for any grammar mistakes or overall just things to tweak to make the story better:)

thank you for everyone who read, commented, and voted on my story! it honestly means a lot, and i am eternally grateful for you all.

WITH MUCH LOVE,
-joeymcintyre