one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ten years ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Papa!" The young girl dodged the men slicing at her. They were planning on leaving quickly, but the Reaper had shown his face. She watched in horror as her father's arms were sliced from his body like they were nothing.

    "Daughter, flee without me. I will be fine" she knew it was lies, and she sure wasn't leaving her father here. Not in the condition he was in. The Reaper turned to her. She had to move fast. She made a break for her father, willing him to come with her as she ran.

    She felt a pain. Her leg. She couldn't feel her right foot. She hobbled as far as she could, getting them away from the threat. Her leg throbbed from right above the knee, she sits her father down. "I'll call Enji and Irimi. They'll come get us. They'll take us to safety. Back home."

    Her father only nodded. He knew she was doing the best she could "Anou, my daughter, you need to keep yourself safe as well. Don't worry about me as much as you'd like to."

    She looked at the graying hair on his head. "Do you worry yourself sick about her? That's why we're here, isn't it? To protect her"

    Her father nodded again. This time more solemnly. "You both mean the same to me, even though I haven't been able to raise her as I'd wish to." Both of you sat in silence. You took the opportunity to call for the aid you both needed.

    Once Enji arrived, he informed you that Irimi wanted nothing to do with him at the moment. She convinced him to take your father off first. As she hadn't noticed before, but her leg was gone. And she couldn't fight much more as she'd run out of stamina from fighting with her Ukaku kagune and half kakuja. She waited in silence as they left.

    Time passed. The twentieth ward was far from the second ward. She heard footsteps grow close, smelling an odd human. It was distinct though, it being the Reaper. She sat, unable to push her small body up. Much less will it to move from the wall. She dreaded what was coming. She knew it was certain death.

   The boy was now standing over her. The nineteen-year-old stared down at the helpless young girl. No older than 14. But still, put up one hell of a fight. Neither of them killed. Only wounded the higher ups. And the ones lower than himself. "Why'd you do it." He asked, face void of emotion. She squirmed, he could tell she was afraid. "I'm not going to hurt you. Just tell me."

    She looked at him. His gray orbs hard. He was a handsome young man. Tall, slender, dark hair. She even thought she saw a hint of a pity smile playing at his lips. "I just want to live normally. Like a human." She looked pitifully weak. Her twin buns were falling down. The boy just nodded and left it at that. He was gone. She was left stunned.

    Enji soon returned and took her away as well. She knew she had to become stronger, and she had to make her father's worries go away. That's why she would join the junior Academy the CCG hosted and do all she could to become an investigator and finally find her sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~Three months Later~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Her father had objected, but she insisted anyway. He had to let her go. She would don the name Ukuzen Anou. She had come up with it, mixing her mother and fathers names to form the family name Ukuzen. Her father had mentioned opening a coffee shop and it be a ghoul sanctuary. They had saved up the money for it, after all.

    She looked at her father, as they departed. She was to become a ward. And be found sitting in her parents' blood pools. She came up with a story and hugged her father, for the last time in who knows how long. She had promised him that she would find her sister and bring her to her senses. She then went off to find an older couple to become her parents.

     Once she found her victims, she lured them into an alley by crying and screaming for help. It was quickly cut off by the screams of the people she had lured. Bolts stick out of them, she hoping that she had gotten the attention of some doves in the area. She smears blood on her face and sits in the blood, having made their faces unidentifiable. She lets out a wretched scream and starts to cry, attracting the attention of the local investigators. As they approach her, they notice the carnage and call for an investigation. The younger one goes over to her and asks her name. She doesn't answer her, only sits and cries. The woman then mentions a daughter of her own, she being a bit younger than her, however. She tells the girl her name is Kasuka Mado and the man is her husband, Kureo Mado. The girl can only nod, or so it seems.

    Another team of investigators arrived, but the girl was too caught up in her own scheme to even say anything to them. She played a petrified pitiful human girl that had no idea what to do after her parents' death. They asked her if she wanted to be mentioned in the news report. She only wrote that she wanted to change her name and be mentioned as a little girl to protect her identity. They then took the girl in as a ward, not knowing her name or anything about her life. They make the decision to enroll her into the CCG Junior Academy and make her into an investigator.

      She thought about it for a while, something unexpected coming up. The RC cell gates and blood test everyone had to pass before entering the academy. She thought on it for the rest of the night, as they had already taken what they wanted from her. When it came to her, she let little stubs out of her kagune, thinking if she could control her eye, it would be the perfect cover-up. She brought it up to Kasuka the next day, but only in short mumbles.

      "The doctors say I have a high RC count.." the girl squirmed. "I'm not a ghoul. But I have itchy places on my back"

       Kasuka asked if she could see where it itched, and sure enough, two stubs were sticking out of her back close to her neck. "I'll bring this up with them, then. I'll have the doctor here take a look at it as well." She had heard of children developing RC tumors before, but it's rare.

         The next few days flew by in a hurry. She was attending therapy sessions to help her cope, and visiting Dr. Akihiro Kanou almost every day so he could study her hidden kagune.

       A week after she's taken in, she's asked what she'd like to be called. She wrote down what she told them she liked. It being Ukuzen Anou. She said she'd like to forget her real name.

       They never ask her about it again, and she starts her days at the CCG Junior Academy.

Heyo! This is my newest fanfic that I'm currently working on. I'm going to try to update every week. However, I have school approaching and I don't know how it'll go because it's a new school. Buuut I'm going to try to write 1000 word chapters and possibly even 2000 word chapters. So yeah. I'll update every Saturday and if I feel like it, I might update twice a week. Thanks for reading!
                      ~Wandering-Chan~