Forty Five | Power May Not Always Help

"You and I, it's as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught."

Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago

—•—  

Tyler

I let the fire alarm go off, quickly running back to where Veronica and Michael should be. I found Michael as a crowd started running out; the water sprinkles started going off, making me cold and wet. My hair dripping with water. 

"Where's Veronica?" I asked Michael, seeing as he and Jophiel were helping Chrissy and Sam get out. 

"I can't sense her, check outside, Rafael will check the inside." Michael ordered out to me.

I ran outside seeing, Justin playing with Chrissy and Sam; and Ross with Jordan and Ryan. I went over to Justin, hopefully he knew where she was. "Have you seen Veronica?" I asked taking the wet blazer off; rolling the sleeves of the shirt and taking the bow tie off. 

"I haven't seen her since we were all together." He told me. "She's probably on the other side." I nodded, unbuttoning the first button of the shirt, before running to the other side. I saw some families together on the ground but no Veronica. I went back inside finding Michael. 

"She's not outside." I told him worried.

"Rafael found her blood on a pipe near  fire alarm." Michael said.

"It must be Georgia." I told him. 

He nodded, "I'm going to tell her parents that she went with a friend of hers, you go with Jophiel and Uriel." 

I signed, finding Jophiel's green hair. She turned to me, giving a sympathetic look. We went back to my apartment, not before allowing me a glimpse of Michael reassuring her family. 

"Tyler we will find her." She said as I dropped down to the sofa, letting my legs swing back and forth. 

"Who knows what Georgia is doing to her?" I told her. 

"Uriel will find her." She said reviving a dead plant that I hadn't bothered to discharge. 

I stayed on the sofa, thinking of every moments with her; the feeling I has was worse then when she died, this feeling was pulling and tugging at my gut. It made me internally ill. I got up, changing out of the damp clothes. I let myself into Veronica's room. Nobody was home, and I made sure to shut the door. I saw her scattered clothes and books piled up. 

I picked up Henry VI, Part III, opening it up to act 2, skimming thought each page, before finally saying;

"To weep is to make less the depth of grief." I sat on her cold bed, the pillows and bed sheet scattered around half on the floor. I couldn't imagine what was happening to her. I heard movement from downstairs, quietly closing the light; I left, letting the book fall onto her bed.

"Uriel." I shouted out. I heard movement coming from the spare room. 

"Something's blocking her. I need someone who is powerful." He told me.

"Like a half human, half demon." I said; knowing exactly who to get. 

"Exactly." He smiled.

"I'll be back." I let myself into the abandoned warehouse again; allowing the mist and dust fill my nose. I signed, as I walked to the door that led to Braylinn. I knocked on it, before hearing shuffling at the door.

"Angel." Braylinn said with his thick accent coming through.

"We need your help."

"With." He questioned.

"Finding someone." I told him.

"You angels do lose mortals quiet quickly." He said with a little humor to his tone.

"Will you help?" I ignored him.

"For a price." He told me.

"What do you want?" I signed crossing my arms.

"You'll soon find out." He locked the door, before making me take him to my apartment, I tugged at his sleeve; letting go as we arrived.

"I do hate travelling like that." He muttered out, going to Uriel.

"You got Braylinn." Jophiel said with a little dismay.

"I didn't know who else I could get." I told her.

***

The sun rose, and still no way of finding her; it's like she was on a different planet. We had found her phone when we went back to the hall. I saw her parents, paying for the hall; even overhearing how the fire alarm had been pulled. Texting them Veronica had gone to work and was then staying with her friend again. We could just mess with their minds but having a solid story is better and doesn't leave damage to their brains. 

Michael left quickly, whilst I stayed behind; going to where they found the blood. I saw something glisten out. Her black earring left underneath a radiator. I took it, grasping onto it tighter. I needed some hope and if this was the hope I got we would find her.

The day commenced and still no sign and the more I waited the more worried I got about the whole situation. Braylinn was getting annoyed; clearly angry at the fact he couldn't find a mortal. Whilst Uriel stayed calm. Rafael and Michael worried as she may need protecting. Jophiel being calmer then any of us. I signed, huffed and grunted at the fact that I wasn't their when she got taken. 

"We need something else's of her." Uriel finally told us. Clearly the blood wasn't helping.

"Like an earring." I took the earring out of my pocket, giving it to Uriel.

"Perfect." Uriel smiled out. Taking it in his hands.

I started tapping my foot on the ground in annoyance. If I found Georgia I would kill her. I didn't care if I got into trouble. Georgia deserves everything that will come to her. "Any sign." Michael asked.

Braylinn fell onto the sofa, tired by this. "Be warned, angel; whatever I ask from you will be very bad." He warned me.

"I can't find her." Uriel signed out. He gave the earring back to me, before trying to find another way of finding her.

I finally decided to try myself. I let my mind think of her and only her. Seeing her read and how terrified she was when she met. How she started into my eyes, every time we saw each other and how we talk about books. Before finally finding her.

"I know where she is." I huffed out. Dropping the earring to the ground.

"Well let's go find her." Michael told us all.

I led them all outside an abandoned factory; we all walked in, seeing nothing around. "I don't think she's he..." I interrupted Rafael. When I heard movement from outside. I ran outside before seeing her brunette hair up in a bun, with pieces of hair falling out. I walked behind her, letting my breath fan her neck.

"I missed you so much." She turned around, hugging me, as a tear fell down her face.

"Don't ever leave my side." I whispered hugging her closer.

—•—  

Hey guys, short authors note, hope you liked the part.

//What do you think of Veronica and Tyler's relationship?//

Ria