two

ray

As soon as Mikey left my room, I shut the door, a huge smile on my face. I sit on my bed, reaching over to my drawer and pulling out my pastel blue journal.

Dear Diary

Today, father hired a servant for me. I hate that word. Servant. It makes it feel as though there is no connection between us apart from him bringing me food. I don't want that.

I called my 'servant' up to my room, soon to find out his name is Michael - Mikey - . He's very shy, he has a thin face, a strong jawline, brown eyes.

He is very handsome.

I shut the book and put it back in the drawer. I glance around my room, my eyes stopping at my guitar standing against the wall. I get up, grab the guitar and sit back on my bed.

I strum a few times, slowing developing into a soft tune. After a few minutes, I hear a rather loud knock on the door.

I quickly put away my guitar, straighten my jumper and walk over to the door. I open it slowly, revealing my younger sister, Riley.

Riley has soft, blonde hair, brown eyes, she is always wearing black dungarees and pale green shirts. She's 13.

"Hi Riley,"

"Hi Ray-ray !"

She says with a giggle. I roll my eyes and chuckle at the childish nickname.

"So did you meet your new servant ?"

She asks, tilting her head to the side.

"Don't call him that, call him Mikey,"

I reply hastily. She nods, her blonde curls bouncing on her head.

"Can I meet him ?"

She asks. I think about it, would he find it annoying ? I'd already called for him once.

Before I can answer, she darts inside and pulls the bell.

"Riley ! You little- ugh !"

She sweetly smiles, and sits cross-legged on the floor reaching under the bed and pulling out her ukulele she has hidden from our parents. They never wanted her to play instruments and we never understood why.

Just as she's about to start playing, we hear a soft knock on the door. I jump up and run to get the door.

Mikey is standing there, his permanent frown gracing his expression.

"Hello Mikey ! Sorry if I disturbed you, my sister would like to meet you,"

He nods and makes his way inside. Riley jumps up and holds out her hand.

"Hello ! I'm Riley,"

Mikey timidly takes her hand and shakes it.

"I'm Mikey,"

Mikey mumbles and looks at his feet. He looks so adorable.

Riley sits back on the floor and takes her ukulele and starts playing a soft tune.

She sings under her breath,

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you."

She sighs as she plays a wrong note and puts her uke down.

"I'm never going to learn that song,"

She huffs, resting her head on my bed. I roll my eyes at her.

"Don't be so pessimistic, you will learn it, you just need to practice,"

I say, emphasising practice.

"Because practice makes perfect,"

She says in a mocking tone. I turn to Mikey, who is standing there and seemingly staring at me. He snaps out of his trance and his cheeks flush red.

"Mikey ? Don't just stand there,"

I say, laughing quietly and I take his hand and lead him over to my bed letting him sit down.

"Do you play any instruments Mikey ?"

I ask trying to cover up the awakard silence. He nods and replies in a shy voice.

"I play bass guitar."

I nod and look at his face. His cheeks are flushed a pale pink. Why is he blushing ? I must have made him uncomfortable.

I mentally shake my head at myself. Riley gets up from her position on the floor and walks over to the door.

"Well I better get going, it was nice meeting you Mikey,"

Riley says, a smile creeping on her face. She leans over and kisses his cheek. She waves before shutting the door. Mikey looks down at his skinny legs.

"Are you okay ?"

He nods.

"No ones ever treated me this nice,"

I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. He leans his head on mine and he chuckles and says,

"Thank you Ray,"

I look back at him,

"No problem,"

I say before kissing his cheek gently. I could feel his cheeks heat up and even his ears go red.

Heyyy sorry for not updating. What else do I say ? Eh bye