Twelve. (2021 Update - Small Edit.)

Content Warning: Slightly Mature Theme.

Twelve.

Early Saturday morning, the twins and I had returned to the packhouse. Still dressed in our clothes from last night. We had walked through the house full of the mothers and young adults who had been up at the early hours of 7:00 am. We were performing the walk of shame as we stepped into the kitchen. My eyes wandered until they landed on Matt, Jackson, Juliet, and Rain, who were shoving their faces full of what we had called pancake tacos.

A buttermilk pancake rolled into the form of a taco shell stuffed with bacon, sausage, eggs, and syrup. Giving both of the twins a quick peck on the cheek, I made my way towards the others and forced my way into the chair between Matt and Jackson. A large grin on my face as I reached out and stole Jackson's plate.

"Fucking come on, Romeo. I've been fighting Juliet for my plate all fucking morning," Jackson growled out as he abruptly stood up from his seat and made his way towards the island and grabbed another plate. He piled the plate with several pancakes and proceeded to pile eggs, sausage, bacon, and syrup on the food before he walked towards the corner and sat down. The tears had slowly rolled down his cheeks as he glared at us through the tears.

"I love you, Jackson," I spoke with a small smile. Puckering my lips, I made a kissy noise, only to have him growl in response from his corner. A few of the teenagers who had been awake for some odd reason laughed from this. I gave Jackson a flirtatious wave, which in turn flipped me off. With a snort, I turned my attention towards Matt, Juliet, and Rain, who had been watching Jackson and I interact with one another. Their eyes had been slightly wide, causing me to frown.

"Did I go too far?" I found myself asking, taking another bite of the pancake taco. My eyes never left Matt, Juliet, and Rain, "Okay, what's the damn problem?" I asked, setting the pancake on the table, not caring that the syrup was spilling on the table.

"No. Your pack mark is gone, and - " Matt started, but I gave out an 'oh' as I reached out and grabbed a paper towel and attempted to wipe away the syrup from my hands. Then, licking my lips, I reached my hand up to lick away the syrup from my thumb. A smile tugged at my lips as I gazed at them, the smile growing the more I thought about last night.

"Yeah. The twins and I mated. You should know this, considering I had messaged both of you about me going deaf. Cosima's mark is right here," I paused, moving my head so they could see the mark, which earned a whistle from the three of them, "Levi's mark is under my left breast. I'd show you, but I'm not drunk enough to flash anyone, especially at 7:00 am." Juliet snorted, which caused me to flip her off on instinct.

"That hasn't stopped you back home," Juliet spoke cooly as she shoved a large bite of her food into her mouth. Rolling my eyes, I picked up the pancake and shoved the rest in my mouth, not caring that I had looked like a pig. Food was food, and this had been delicious food, especially after the hangover I had.

"Look, comfort levels are different here," Pausing, I stood up from my seat, pushed it back in, and waved at the others, "I'm gonna go shower and head to the backyard for training. If anyone is down to spar with me - Jackson, I'm calling you out - I'll be back there." I walked past Jackson, the twins, Valentine, Ezra, and my parents. I could see the surprise in their eyes as they indeed had taken notice of the change in my scent. Seeing as the only thing that really changed when the mating process was finished was the person's change in scent and their links to one another.

We're going to need to talk about your pack mark being gone when we have a chance. Matt spoke to me. I held back a groan. He had every right to be concerned over my pack mark disappearing. It usually takes joining another pack for the pack mark to be removed, but I hadn't been released to the Isles pack yet.