BONUS: Acceptance

Evelyn's POV

"Noah! Noah!" I scream, running to him with the brightest smile.

"What! What!" Noah mimics with a grin.

"You're going to UCLA for college," I said.

"Of course I know that," Noah says, ruffling my hair.

"Well...I am too!" I scream.

Noah's eyes light up as his smile lights up the rest of his face. "Oh my God! This is amazing!" he picks me up and whirls me around while I giggle.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more." Noah plants his lips on mine and our lips move together in sink for an amazing 20 seconds, where it feels like everything around us disappears. And it's just Noah and I.

We pull away for breath and I tell him, "This is so perfect! Mason and a couple other of your Cali friends are going there. Like that dude named Aiden and... I forgot the other names but you know who. You can surf everyday with them! Well, as long as you're not too busy being the starting quarterback. Oh my God, I can finally see you surf!" I hug him tight.

Noah laughs and pulls back to look me in the eye. His blue eyes have a twinkle in them as he says "And. I can teach you how to surf." His strong arms tighten around my waist in a comforting embrace.

My eyes become saucers. "In the ocean!?"

"Where else, silly?" Noah brushes a lock of hair out of my eyes.

I purse my lips together. "But isn't it scary?"

He shakes his head no. "Nope. It's beautiful."

"Well I know it's beautiful. I'd much rather live by the ocean than anywhere else. But going in it?" I shake my head.

He gives me a grin and leans in to my ear and whispers, "I'll keep you safe. Always."