✓ First Meeting

Chaeyoung's Point Of View

Today is the day I send my love away. The day I didn't want to live to see. Today, Mina will get married to Yoo Jeongyeon, the rich businessman she met while she was doing an internship at his company last year. I couldn't prevent her from falling for him. He has car, while I don't. He has house, while all I have is one big room with a bed, a small kitchen and bathroom... I can't go to her parents and tell them I love their daughter when I don't even have a proper job. I can't make her suffer with me. She preferred going to him... and leave me.

I was sitting on my bed, I don't even have a couch, I was lucky that I was born intelligent or I wouldn't be able to continue my studies. The scholarships were my everything. I am 24 now, I just graduated, drawing was always my hobby and passion. I decided to study interior design so I could show my talents to the people around me. I make a living from drawing and selling my paintings on the street or drawing portraits of people and couples for $30 and $50. I was never greedy, I am always thankful for what I have.

I started to doze off and look at Mina's picture that I drew. I drew it the day we made love for the first time. I still remember it all, she was sleeping on my bed, covering her naked body with the only blanket I have. I sat on a chair beside her, and while staring at her, I drew her beautiful features on the white paper. I hung it on the wall. I got up and looked at it with eyes full of tears, I folded it and put it in the drawer between my random stuff. So I won't be able to see it again.

It was almost 7 PM. I took a quick shower and opened my drawer, I sighed, all I have are some wrinkled t-shirts. Luckily I have one expensive white shirt, it was a gift from a friend of mine. I wore it carefully, tucking it into my black pants and wore black converse praying that no one will see that's it's ripped on the side. Momo, my friend, tells me that it looks stylish.

I put my watch, sprayed some cologne, and brushed my black hair with a sigh.

I grabbed my scooter's keys and left my small house. I sighed again as I sat on it and turned the engine on. I tried to turn it on, then tried again, but it wasn't compiling.

"I HATE TODAY!" I sighed. Frustrated, I kicked its engine and it finally worked.

I looked away as I noticed a bunch of girls sitting at the coffee shop next to my house, they were giggling and gossiping, probably about me. Well, I am handsome I can't deny it, I smiled awkwardly and wore the helmet as I drove off. The breeze was warm yet nice. It is July so the weather is really refreshing these days.

I arrived at the wedding hall, it was in his mansion, or their mansion I should say. I parked my scooter away from other cars and walked to the entrance. My scooter would be funny next to all the Porches, Range Rovers and Lamborghinis.

"Name?" the bodyguard said.

"Son Chaeyoung" I replied. Mina never actually invited me, it was her husband's request. I met them by accident once and introduced myself as her friend.

"Come in" he said showing me the way. I felt like I was at a Hollywood award show, was the red carpet that necessary?

I was late, but I made it and as soon as I came in, I looked at mina. She was wearing an amazing wedding dress that probably cost more than anything I've ever had. Her black hair was tied up in a bun with a veil in it, she looked so alluring and angelic. My heart was beating so fast, this is probably the last time that it will have the right to beat for her.

My eyes went to the table where my friends were sitting. They were all looking at me with sad eyes, not to mention that they also looked beautiful. I flashed them a little smile and blinked my eyes. I took a deep breath as I walked to them. Jeongyeon was whispering something to Mina. It feels great watching her smile and laugh like this, but it faded when she saw me walking towards them. Jeongyeon got up and we shook hands, he looked so happy to see me. I have feeling that he is a good person, he will make her happy... more than I can.