Chapter 10

When I ran into my room Lucy wasn't there, so I was all alone. I sat on my bed and placed my hands on my head. "What have I done" I mumble to myself. I hear footsteps coming towards my room so I quickly fix myself up. "Daya, mum wants you downstairs," Maxine says. "Okay".

When I got downstairs the twins and Lucy weren't there. "Mum where are my friends?" I ask now a bit worried. "They all went to do some filming for their youtube channel sweety," my mums says now walking into the kitchen. "Okay, so what did YOU want?" I ask now eager to leave to find them. "For tomorrow I was thinking if you could talk at the funeral?". "Um...sure," I say now feeling a bit flustered. "Eeer I've got to go," I say and leave before she had a chance to say anything. 

I walked around for a while going in shops and out of them. When an idea popped into my mind, "The beach!" I squeal causing a few people to look at me. I started sprinting towards the beach. I took off my shoes as I got onto the sand and continued running. Surprisingly there were actually heaps of people at the beach. The weather wasn't too hot, but hot enough to go for a swim. Towards my right were so many girls around my age tanning on different colored beach towels.  I turned my head away and began to walk. I came across many children ornamenting their sand castles with seashells which were scattered all over the beach. I finally spotted the three of them not far in front of me. "Hey!" I yell as I fasten my pace to them. I eventually make it to where they were. "Oh hey!" Lucy and Grayson say looking up from the camera. Nothing from Ethan though. "My mum told me youse were recording a video for tomorrow?" I asked to no in particular. "Yeah, but we aren't posting it tomorrow. We explained in our video" Ethan says not even looking at me. 

*TS*

After a few hours at the beach, we all went home. When we got inside I could hear talking coming from the kitchen. I walked over to where the sound came from to see my grandparents and some other people. "Oh baby," my grandmother says opening her arms out gesturing for a hug. "Oh hi ma" I distractedly say. I look over her shoulder to see Theo's family and my dads side of the family. I could see the pain in their eyes as they all smile at me. AI unravel from the hug and go talk to my other grandparents. 

Soon they all began to leave one by one. The last person to leave was my Aunty Macy. "God bless you and your family Daya," she says holding my hands tightly. She leans in and kisses my forehead before walking out the door. Aunty Macy has always been my favorite aunt. She used to babysit Maxine and me when we were younger, and she would always let us have dessert. I didn't see her that much anymore because she moved to Orlando. She is also the youngest out of my mums family. 

While I was deep in my thoughts I didn't notice Ethan talking to me. "So what do you think?" Ethan says smiling. "Sorry what?" I say a bit embarrassed. "Never mind," he says as he turns around to leave. I quickly grab onto his hand making him turn around. "Do you want to go for a walk?" I ask him flashing him a little smile. He thinks for a moment before saying anything. "Sure".

**

When we reached the beach the two of us took our shoes off and ran near the water. We walk silently side by side enjoying the peace. I stop walking and notice that the sun is setting. I slowly sit down and so does Ethan. All I can hear is the sound of the waves as they crash against the shore. I look to my side to see Ethan also staring out to the horizon. "Sorry about before," I say breaking the peaceful silence. He now looks at me neutrally. "It's alright," he says giving me a smile. I turn my head back now to see the beautiful sunset. "Do you ever wish you could just go" I say still keeping my focus on the sunset. "Yeah" I hear Ethan say also looking out to the illuminating sunset. "Isn't it strange...There are so many people out there who secretly love someone. And there are so many people out there who have no idea that someone secretly loves them." Ethan says casually. I turn my head to face him. "Wow that was deep," I say smiling at him. "Yeah...ha ha" he nervously laughs. I fall back now my hair laying on the sand. I close my eyes taking in this moment. After a few minutes, I open my eyes to see the sunset nearly gone. "Hey, Ethan I think we shou- AGHH!" I scream. Someone was holding me up from behind. I turn around swiftly to see a laughing Ethan. "Jerk!" I say kneeing him in the groin. He drops me and an oof comes out of him. "Let's go" I angrily say marching off to the streets with a hurt Ethan not far behind.