Chapter 33 - Do You Have Any Idea Who You're Talking To?

Erens POV

When I get to class I notice Sasha's off, she's not as joyful as before. She's not even eating her chips like she does everyday, it's gotta be the mission yesterday. She doesn't seem beat up at all, no cuts, bruises, nothing. I've gotta ask what happened.
"Hey Sasha, you okay?"
"Huh? Yeah I'm fine...still a bit shook from yesterday is all."
"It's okay if you're not fine, lord knows I wasn't when I did my first one."
"How'd you do it? How'd you get their faces out of your head?"
"I never have, they're still in my mind everyday. I gutted a someone to death, I tore out a mans throat with my fucking teeth for Christ sake. I never told you that but I did, you don't over look that. You just don't, but....you live with it."
She's shocked at what I said, don't blame her. We're in the same boat in a way, still trying to live with the killing. She's handling it a lot better then me though that's for sure.
"I heard you did good yesterday though, you're strong."
"Thanks but it doesn't change anything ya know?"
"Yeah....I do."
Class ends and I go through the rest of the day as normal. Lunch goes by normal too but I see Reiner and Bertolt looking in my direction a lot, that doesn't settle well with me. I don't know, I just feel like they're planning something after what happened with Sasha's group yesterday. I let Annie in on my assumption and she feels the same, I tell Jean to hang back after school to hang out, he's cool with it. The bell rings and we finish our lunch and go to the final class periods.

When my last block ends I go to my locker and wait for Jean and Annie. They finally reach my locker and we quickly discuss what was going on with Reiner.
"So you think they're going to do something?" Jean asks looking around seeing no one in sight.
"Yeah definitely after last night, who do you think they'd target first?"
"Doubt Levi or Mikasa. Maybe Connie or Sasha, wait what about..."
We all get the same idea after a pause and walk fast down the hall.

Armins POV

I finish up with a honors society meeting when I notice to figures standing in the hallway talking. As I get closer I can faintly hear their conversation. There's no cameras or people in the area so I get a bit nervous.
"We kill them before they kill us, especially Eren first. He's got to be first one to die."
Hearing those words put me in shock and I trip and make a lot of racket. I then see Reiner and Bertolt come from the corner of hall and I see Reiner pull something from the back of his belt. It's a pistol and he holds it to my head, I see Bertolt looking around the area scared and nervous at what his friend might do.
"Reiner what are you doing? Are you insane?"
"Bertolt he heard what we were talking about. He heard everything and you know we can't let that slip around them."
I'm shaking in fear at the gun pointing in my face, then I see three familiar faces from the corner of my eye.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Erens POV

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I question looking at Reiner pointing a gun at my friend defensively on the floor. He still has the gun pointed at my friend and decides to answer my question.
"I'm stopping things before they get out of hand, and that means killing you guys." I look at Bertolt and he's looking stunned at the sight of his friend waving a gun at Armin.
"So that's what y'all were planning huh?" I question looking at Reiner. Easing forward continuing talking.
"Well if I was gonna talk about this out in the air, I would of had a look out just in case-"
I then get both my hands around the gun disarming him and then I kick Reiner's leg making him fall straight to the floor. I have the gun in my hands pointing at the back of his head as he sits on his knees with his hands in the air.
"You really think you're gonna take life away from us? From Jean? From Sasha? From Connie? From Annie? From Armin? From Mikasa? From ME? Do you have any IDEA who you're talking to?"
(If you know where this is from you are awesome :D)
"Please....don't kill Bertolt, it was my plan. I was scared, just kill me." I have my finger on the trigger as I aim it at the back of Reiners, then I see Annie give me a look.
"Eren."
"Don't worry I'm good."
I say handing over the gun to her, I pulling Reiner up from the floor. He's got a bit of tears in his eyes and he tries wiping them away.
"You can keep trying something like this but I can't say that I won't kill you the next time. Or you can join us and forget about the Eldians."
He's shocked at the offer I've made for him.
"Wha- what? Even after what I did?"
"You made a mistake, things happen. You can decline my offer and get yourself killed or you can help us take them down and save yourself from the hell you'd be getting yourself into."
Him and Bertolt look at each other nervously and then agree to the proposal.
"Okay, we'll talk tomorrow. Don't let Zeke know about what happened, and If this is some trick I'll let you know ahead of time that you will be the one that loses."
"Don't worry it's not."
Says Bertolt as they walk away and go out the entrance. Jean helps Armin up and asks if he's okay, Armin tells us he's fine and thanks us for coming in time. Jean and Armin leave the school and go get something to eat, me and Annie tell them that we'd catch up in a minute. I sit on some steps with her by my side.
"You were gonna kill him...weren't you?"
"I was, people like him are gonna die. It's only a matter of time before he does something stupid again like that. But who knows maybe I'm wrong.... I wanted to kill him so bad for having a gun pointed at Armin."
"I understand, but think about it this way. It's better to have them as allies then a addition to your body count." I just nod my head and look up at the clouds floating in the air. I wonder what would of happened if I did kill him.