f o u r

"Park Siyeon! are you listening to me?!" my mother says loudly as she slams my record onto the table. I flinch from the sound but still, I won't show any fear. it would only make her feel more good.

"tell me, are you that stupid?" she looks at me with wide eyes, as if she's trying to eat me alive. "how can you're always second?! try to beat Kim Sanghyun once! aren't you sick being second to him?" mother stated.

I bite my lips. if I can, I would have done it. but no matter how much I studied, how much I work hard, I can't win over Sanghyun. seems like me getting first was more important huh… to mother. she even forget what today is.

after lecturing me for an hour, she went back to her office and that leaves me alone in this house again.

I sit down on the couch before releasing a sigh, "today is the worst"

Hyejae told me that we can still study in her house. Her brother, Daniel will still be there but she told me it will be fine. I'm actually quite scared to go. What if he push me out again?

Aish, no way right?

_

"Don't come into my house walking like a thief please" Hyejae says, she rolls her eyes to me before pulling me to the living room.

We take out our books and begin our discussion. Thank goodness she is quite focus today, then I can go home earlier. After about two hours, we finally stop. Hyejae stretches her arms while I'm still continuing.

She looks at me with disbelief before hitting the table loudly, making me startled. "Yah that surprised me!" I exclaim, putting my hand over my chest.

"Stop studying will you? Take a rest" Hyejae says before going to the kitchen. It must be good to live without worries like her.

I continue highlighting important points in the notes until I feel someone playing with my hair. "wtf Kang Hyejae, don't touch my hair" I say, it's getting annoying when she started to twirl my hair around her finger.

"Yah!" I turn around.

and it's not Hyejae. It's Daniel.

"O-oh, sorry" I quickly apologize and turn to the front again. Since when did he-?

I heard he chuckles from the back. "I know this scent is familiar" he says. I slowly turn my head to him and his smile melts my heart.

He may have a bad temper but that doesn't fight on how hot he looks.