The boyfriend.

Like all other girls, she wanted someone to care for her, look at her like she's the most precious thing on the face of earth, to listen to her rants, to prank with her, to handle her with such care that she'd never ever have to worry about being broken or getting betrayed.

Just like other girls she did find one such amazing guy. He was everything she could ever wish for, and also very much in love with her. Alas, since happiness had knocked her door after long, sadness just had to follow. He left her alone on the peak of happiness, as though mocking her for her stupidness in trusting him, for believing every lie his mouth uttered in those months they spent together. 

Broken, shattered she didn't know what to do, where to go, or whom to consult. But this she did know, she had to move on. The thoughts of him being happy and living life without any remorse just gave her courage to accept the fact that he was gone and nothing could bring him back. She knew this would happen everytime life presented some kind of happiness to her, just to snatch it away and laugh at her face and her poor fate.

The boyfriend phase was over. She knew she'd eventually have to trust someone to forget the past, but she was afraid she would fall again. Like always.