Chapter 10: Jar of Hearts

(Collin's picture on the right side)------>>>

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

-'Jar of Heart by Christina Perri

Collin’s POV

School is boring.

But before I never find it boring, I mean I used to love all about school however these past few days my mind was kinda pre-occupied. No more lies but …yeah all I think each everyday is Matt. Consider what had happen last day, mix emotions are now pouring in me.

I need to tell Jane kung ano na ang nangyayari sa buhay ko. I don’t want to be unfair to her, since she’s my bestfriend.

 Nilingon ko siya “Best? May kailangan kang malaman...”

Tiningnan niya ako ng seryoso “Ohh—my—God buntis ka?!” Medyo napalakas yung boses niya.

“Shhh..Hindi ahh!” Depensa ko.

Hinila niya ako “So… ba’t parang seryoso ka?” She gently pushed me towards the locker area, so that we can have our privacy.

Okay….sabihin mo na ang totoo Collin!

“I’m married.”

I studied my best friend’s expression; her eyes were wide open as her mouth parted. Damn! She looks shock….and confuse.

“You got to be kidding me…” She blinked her eyes but still awing.

I tried to remain calm “I am” I held my right hand up, showing her my wedding ring.

“Kailan pa?” She pouted.

“Last December.”

“And then you did not invited me?!” May panghihinayang yung boses niya “I am your best friend.”

I held both of her hands, trying to calm her. I should not lie to her! Yun tuloy nagtatampo sa akin si Jane. Nagi-guilty na tuloy ako, kasi dapat pinagkatiwalaan ko siya.

“Jane---”

She did not let me finish my words, she just walked away leaving me. Well I can’t blame her; I lied to her and its my fault. I just I had told her much earlier.

Naglakad ako patungo sa last subject ko. I looked around and everybody—I mean most of the students is staring at me, giving me a peculiar look. So I just bend my head down and started walking really fast.

Pagkapasok ko sa aking klase hindi ko maiwasang makinig sa mga chismis ng aking mga kaklase. ‘Kinasal pala si Mia no?’ I heard a girl muttered my name.

I just sat on my seat as if I did not hear them.

‘Oo balita ko mayaman daw’ Sabi naman ng isang chismosa.