84

*Private texts between Normani and Camila*

Canola: How's she doing?

NormaniK: I'm assuming you mean ally?

Canola: No I mean lady Gaga, yes I mean ally

NormaniK: Idk who tf you're talking to, so I'll just wait

NormaniK:

Canola: Sorry babes it's just been a long night

Canola: Melanie's been crying all night, she hasn't slept or left her room

Canola: Breakups are stressful

NormaniK: I know. Ally's not doing any better, either...

Canola: They'll be fine, right?

NormaniK: ....

-

No ones pov

Normani sighed as she put her phone down and looked over at Ally who had her face buried in her pillow. "You feeling better?" Normani asked gently, "The world sucks balls." Ally mumbled, causing Normani to sigh again. "I know. But you gotta leave your house eventually, mama." She said lightly as she scooted next to Ally.

Ally lifted her head a bit and rested it in Normani's lap. "Why don't you just text her?" She asked carefully, running her fingers through Ally's hair lightly. "She doesn't wanna talk to me. I called her a bitch." Ally said bluntly and Normani gave her a look. "Why did you do that, Ally?" She asked and Ally shrugged, "I was upset, I thought she was gonna leave me." She said bluntly and Normani shot her a questioning look.

"Everyone in town knows that Tori's great. She's pretty, kind, athletic. She once donated two thousand dollars to charity." Ally said quietly, "She's perfect." Ally added in a quieter tone. "Yeah, she does sound great, but there's only one thing you missed." Normani said and Ally stared up at her questionably. "She's not you." The dark skinned girl said bluntly.

"Melanie doesn't want her, she wants you. She's in love with you, has been for nearly a year now. And I know you were only scared of losing her, but you can't just call her names because of that. You can't get mad and just leave, you've worked so hard for a relationship that you know is gonna last, and y'all have been through so much." Normani said lightly, causing Ally to sigh.

"She's not like anyone I've ever met, mani. She's different; she's beautiful, kind, amazing, she genuinely cares about me. And my jealousy screwed it all up. I mean how many times have I made her jealous? A bunch! But she didn't leave, she didn't call me names and actually mean them." Ally said frustratedly as she sat up and ran her fingers through her hair. "And you meant it? You genuinely meant that she was a bitch?" Normani asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah!" Ally practically yelled, her voice an octave higher than usual. Normani only kept her eyebrow raised as she stared at her best friend. Ally then sighed while she looked down. "No. I didn't mean what I said, I was just- I was upset." Ally said tiredly, her voice laced with defeat. "Then tell her that!" Normani said loudly, "How?! She's not gonna text me back, I know her well enough to know that. She's not gonna answer my calls! She's done, mani! She said it herself." Ally said angrily and Normani sighed.

"God you're so stupid sometimes, Allyson." Normani mumbled, causing Ally to glare at her.

"She's not done. If she were done she wouldn't have been crying all night. She hasn't left her room for days now, and you haven't left your house. Why do you think that is?" Normani asked and Ally shrugged, "Because you MISS each other! Look Ally, relationships aren't perfect, okay? Sometimes people break up, for stupid reasons. People get angry, jealous, they say things they don't mean; and sometimes they even do things they don't mean. Just look at Camren." Normani pointed out and Ally only stared at her.

"But that doesn't mean they don't love each other, it doesn't mean you can't fix it. Sometimes someone has to put their pride down and apologize." She added and Ally only looked down. Once Normani saw that she wasn't getting anywhere, she sighed. "Do you love her?" She asked and Ally looked up at her, "What?" Ally asked, making sure she heard her correctly.

"Melanie; do you love her?" Normani asked again, and Ally shot her a look of disbelief. "Of course I love her, mani! I love her more than anything. Not a day goes by where I don't think about her, or miss her. But it's hard! I mean this isn't only about me calling her a name, long distance is hard!" Ally practically yelled. And suddenly, Normani understood what this was all about.

"It's not just about Tori, is it? You've been holding this in for awhile, haven't you?" Normani asked and Ally sighed. "Yeah- yeah I guess so. I mean, I knew long distance wasn't gonna be easy, and I love her. But I just- it's just- why can't she be here?" Ally asked, starting to tear up. "Why can't I see her everyday? The only person I've ever loved lives so far away, and it's just- it's so fucking hard!" Ally choked on her words as tears started to fall from her eyes.

"And I know everyone says "distance means nothing when someone means everything", but they never tell you what it's like when you sleep alone, and wish they were there. Or how scary it is, feeling like they might find someone better. And wondering about how long it'll be till she realizes I'm just not worth it anymore." Ally said, letting even more tears fall, causing Normani's heart to break.

"Ally, I'm gonna tell you something I've never told anyone." Normani said softly, causing Ally to look up at her. "The first month of my relationship with Dinah, I was going to break up with her." She admitted, causing Ally's eyes to widen, "Oh don't look at me like that, I was scared. I thought long distance wasn't possible. I thought- I just thought she'd find someone else, or cheat on me." She added, as Ally stared at her.

"Why didn't you- break up with her, I mean." Ally said and Normani gave her a look. "I realized I was in love with her." She said lightly, "Then I told her and she- she admitted that she loved me to. And those three words, god, I still remember how I felt when she said it. It's like all of my doubts just washed away, and everything around me didn't matter; because I had her. And she- well, she's worth it all. The fear, the doubts, the happiness. She's worth it." Normani said lightly.

"Look Ally, you can't choose who you fall in love with. And you don't have a say in getting hurt or not, but you do have a say in who hurts you." Normani said lightly and Ally furrowed her eyebrows. "Did you just- did you just quote the fault in our stars?" Ally asked in an uncertain tone, "Did it work?" Normani asked in the same tone.

"Yeah. I guess it did. I think I know what I have to do." Ally said bluntly.

-

A/n: I'm a slut for Mally guys, and I don't know why